The Fitzgerald

GRCentro

I noticed Second Story finally added some meat to the website with some glitzy advertising and new floor plans.

The Fitzgerald Residences

It's looking very well for that part of N. Divsion, given this and the Civic Renovation. And I'm pleased to see Sam Cummings putting additional effort in the upkeep of the surrounding neighborhood by financing the maintenance of Veterans Park. Bravo. Now if he could only get his hands on the Keeler and Kendall...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. We need to turn Veteran's Park into an area for all, not just for the homeless to sleep in. Just as many people have said that we don't need the upper income residents to come in and push the lower income people out, we also do not need a prime urban park to be controlled by a certain demographic either. Downtown needs to be a place for everyone.

Do we have any details on this place? Completion dates among other things. I know we can't have advertisements but any clue on pricing at this point? Just curious b/c the website makes it look pretty fancy schmancy..

The initial info on that was "The fitz will start at around 225K and go up from there."

Perhaps that has changed, but it doesn't look like it based on the website.

The initial info on that was "The fitz will start at around 225K and go up from there."

Perhaps that has changed, but it doesn't look like it based on the website.

Which amazes me, b/c the website says they start at 800 Sq Ft :blink: ... But i'm sure there's people out there with more "bling" than me and would drop it on d/t living.

• 7 months later...

Been a long time, but I saw a small army of interior contractors at The Fitzgerald today. Don't know how long they've been showing up, but I don't remember work going on a week or so ago.

This is the only shot I got of the new hardhat signs:

147655214_24f695799c_b.jpg

I wonder if that one guy still lives under the steps on the East side of the building...

Would be a noisy place to live these days.

I don't think so. I used to see his stuff under there, but now there's a big hole there where it looks like they've been doing utility work.

• 7 months later...

The eastern side will have nice views of the Library and church though. I don't think the ugly apartment building would be the focal point.

Joe

add that apartment building behind it in the pic (to the east) on the all-ugly downtown building team.

Got to be having a hard time getting 200k reservations on that side of the building.

I checked out the .pdf's of the floorplans last night. I wish I had the cash to live in the Fitzgerald as the units, esecially the penthouses on floor 9, look awsome.

I noticed Second Story finally added some meat to the website with some glitzy advertising and new floor plans.

The Fitzgerald Residences

It's looking very well for that part of N. Divsion, given this and the Civic Renovation. And I'm pleased to see Sam Cummings putting additional effort in the upkeep of the surrounding neighborhood by financing the maintenance of Veterans Park. Bravo. Now if he could only get his hands on the Keeler and Kendall...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived