CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

The REAL conflict of interest, lies in the fact that Heid Aiken is one of the listed petitioners in this case, yet she still continues to report on the story via her own personal megaphone known as B 93. I called B-93 and complained about both that fact and about Heidi Aiken in general. If Heidi is so against this project, perhaps she should recuse herself from reporting on the project with her one-sided reporting.

The REAL conflict of interest, lies in the fact that Heid Aiken is one of the listed petitioners in this case, yet she still continues to report on the story via her own personal megaphone known as B 93. I called B-93 and complained about both that fact and about Heidi Aiken in general. If Heidi is so against this project, perhaps she should recuse herself from reporting on the project with her one-sided reporting.

Amen.

Very well said! Just think, all of the energy she is devoting to whining about this project could be spent on something productive.

Why does she have such an issue with it anyway? She's definitely making me listen to that station less and less. Guess the station manager doesn't mind people turning their radio dials. She's a glorified DJ and should stop pretending she's something more.

Why does she have such an issue with it anyway? She's definitely making me listen to that station less and less. Guess the station manager doesn't mind people turning their radio dials. She's a glorified DJ and should stop pretending she's something more.

The question is: how do the other people on the Hawk and Tom Show put up with her and her rants? All of her endeavors have centered around Piazzo Bergamo. Does she really think she has some sort of entitlement to this piece of property. First it was "save the grass"... Let's just see some construction to shut her up :whistling:

For everybody who wanted a Borders bookstore on this site including myself can now thank their lucky stars it never happened: http://www.usatoday....rs-Effect_n.htm Too bad Greenville isn't large enough for two "official" Apple stores yet as this downtown site would be perfect for one.

Edited by citylife

For everybody who wanted a Borders bookstore on this site including myself can now thank their lucky stars it never happened: http://www.usatoday....rs-Effect_n.htm Too bad Greenville isn't large enough for two "official" Apple stores yet as this downtown site would be perfect for one.

Man, that sucks...I guess a B&N would be cool, but there are already two in town. I wish Joseph-Beth was a possibility, but I doubt it after their South Park store closed. Annnnd I wish Apple had planned from the beginning to open downtown. That would be an awesome location for them.

You know this for sure?

Yep, I think we can safely say groundbreaking is not happening in July. I guess the new question is will it happen this year? What are the chances? I say 50/50 at best.

IN TBA of the Journal, it says some new tenants for ONE will be announced soon, including at least one retailer.

Anyone hearing what it might be?

When is the last time something in the TBA has actually come true? lol

Yep, I think we can safely say groundbreaking is not happening in July. I guess the new question is will it happen this year? What are the chances? I say 50/50 at best.

Maybe not by the end of July, but why not August? Funding is in place, agreements are in place, and there is nothing significant to hold up this project. Don't allow pessimism from prior failed projects affect your opinion of this one. Apples and oranges...

Maybe not by the end of July, but why not August? Funding is in place, agreements are in place, and there is nothing significant to hold up this project. Don't allow pessimism from prior failed projects affect your opinion of this one. Apples and oranges...

Exactly. The only hold up could possible stem from the ownership of the land, right? Or has that been settled? Otherwise, it sounds like some negativity just to be negative... :dontknow:

The project going to civil court will probably hold it up for several months.

Has a civil case been filed? I haven't heard that. Did I miss that?

The city has to finalize the development agreement, but I wouldn't think that would take much longer.

The developers have all the property except for what is to be exchanegd with the city (Piazza Bergamo), which will be covered by the afore mentioned agreement.

Has a civil case been filed? I haven't heard that. Did I miss that?

The city has to finalize the development agreement, but I wouldn't think that would take much longer.

The developers have all the property except for what is to be exchanegd with the city (Piazza Bergamo), which will be covered by the afore mentioned agreement.

An appeal was filed in civil court: http://www2.wspa.com/news/community-watchdog/2011/jun/13/4/greenville-residents-business-owners-speak-out-aga-ar-1968203/

An appeal was filed in civil court: http://www2.wspa.com...aga-ar-1968203/

It's amazing in this country what a couple of loud mouth NIMBY'S can do isn't it? Hold up a $100 million dollar project with the possibility of costing hundreds of jobs just because they don't like it. I guess this is what makes this country great, then again, maybe not.

To compare a Hughes project to the Pinnacle is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Did the developer of the Pinnacle EVER complete a significant project??

Given the fact that the stock market doubled at the same time the economy suffered the worst conditions since the Depression, tells me there isn't much correlation between the two.

City council agenda is now up for August 8th. Still no development agreement in site...sigh. Don't worry though, the G-Journal stated there are announcements "coming soon." :rolleyes:

Stock market is a joke. Why do people go gloom and doom when it drops a few points. I'm not worried one bit.

You should be worried especially if you have a 401K. $1.5 trillion in stock market value has been lost just within the past two weeks.