CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

The article makes it sound as if the second building will be ONLY offices or a hotel or both. No mention of retail, except 'in the future'. Of course, when the principals are being secretive, the report could be wrong.

I was a little confused by the hotel potential, but you're right about the secretive part possibly playing a role. It made no mention of additional announcements tomorrow, but the Journal did report that the second phase would go under review by the DRB in October.

Either way, it's great to see progress on an IMPACT development!

Within the next two weeks those three blocks of Washington Street are going to begin an exciting transformation with the addition of a large amt of office space and 40 something studio apts!

Edited by GvilleSC

The article makes it sound as if the second building will be ONLY offices or a hotel or both. No mention of retail, except 'in the future'. Of course, when the principals are being secretive, the report could be wrong.

Phase II building will have retail/restaurant space on the ground floor. The city would never allow the buiding on site if it didn't.

^^ Excellent point, Citylife. I should have thought of that. So, we can expect an announcement tomorrow (regarding additional tenants) and not just the groundbreaking?

That's what i'm hearing through my sources. Don't shoot the messenger though if it doesn't happen. :) lol. Oh and:

6173844252_5e09d09926_b.jpg

My treadmill didn't have closed-captioning on, but there was footage on WYFF this morning of the site.

The Greenville News list a downtown development announcement in it's 'articles coming soon' graphic

in today's edition.

Sorry, your need to pick your 'crow' sause and get ready to use it.

BTW, I have NO inside info., but I am going to guess that if a new tenant is announced, it will be Erwin-Penland. Just a guess though.

Any other guesses?

BTW, I have NO inside info., but I am going to guess that if a new tenant is announced, it will be Erwin-Penland. Just a guess though. Any other guesses?

I like that tenant guess! I just read in the Journal that they just opened a New York office and have about 100 people there, while they are at about 300 people here in Greenville. It is GREAT to see a homegrown company do so well! And, Hughes does own at least one building they're in right now, so they wouldn't be losing anyone, just shuffling and gaining from their many locations downtown. I like where your head is at! If it's not them, then it SHOULD be. :thumbsup:

1:30pm...guess I can spill it:

CertusBank to expand by 100,000 square feet than what was originally announced. This addition will be located in the second office highrise or phase II of the development which now has the green light to move forward pending DPC approval. LOVE that it's a major bank expanding their HQ over a downtown relocation. Keeps the vacancy rate lower and adds even more high-paying jobs to the downtown scene.

Edited by citylife

Great news. Hopefully a ground-floor tenant for the second building will be announced in the near future.

Three buildings of 7-10/11 stories will soon be going up on Washington, plus the Riverwalk building in the West End. Not bad at all, especially in this economy. Plus, there was the mention 9a few months back) of two other projects pending in the West End of a residential nature.

The Gville News is reporting that other tenants have signed for One, but Hughes is not at liberty to divulge their names. Certus is taking 50% of the second building. The footprint of the second building is now larger than originally proposed. I assume that is from the Evolve Male building now being included?

I like that tenant guess! I just read in the Journal that they just opened a New York office and have about 100 people there, while they are at about 300 people here in Greenville. It is GREAT to see a homegrown company do so well! And, Hughes does own at least one building they're in right now, so they wouldn't be losing anyone, just shuffling and gaining from their many locations downtown. I like where your head is at! If it's not them, then it SHOULD be. :thumbsup:

If you are referring to the Suntrust Building that is not the same Hughes. Suntrust building is owned by Hughes Commercial Properties which is Jackson Hughes not Bob Hughes.

If you are referring to the Suntrust Building that is not the same Hughes. Suntrust building is owned by Hughes Commercial Properties which is Jackson Hughes not Bob Hughes.
I was thinking of the second building on Broad Street, but that might be the same Hughes as you're talking about with Suntrust? :dontknow: Oh well. They're cousins though, right? :silly: