CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

Call your "supposed" friend at the newspaper if you have a problem with my info. Call the developer. 1 additional lease signed and it is on a website "coming soon". Period.

Still no sign of this and haven't heard anything to make me believe it's real yet.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the architectural elements I dislike most about this design is the dull and uninspiring façade of the elevator/stairwell shaft (also called "the core" in this thread).

I think it might be an element that needs to be viewed in conjunction with the entirety of the building/building complex. It definitely looks rather dull by itself during construction, but I think judgement needs to be withheld.

The office floor plates are finished, but the core will continue to rise a bit taller. Calling it a tenth story is a bit deceptive.

I also think calling it a "tower" is a bit deceptive, but I continue to hear many locals use that word. Maybe the definition of "tower" is relative to the city a person lives in.

I also think calling it a "tower" is a bit deceptive, but I continue to hear many locals use that word. Maybe the definition of "tower" is relative to the city a person lives in.

Tower indicates more in relation to proportion, than it does height. But, I think context has a lot to do with its definition, not necessarily the person. Tower may mean one thing in Lower Manhattan, but something completely different in the context of Harlem, yet you're still in the same city. It's all about visualization, e.g. Furman Bell Tower. Skyscraper should not be confused with the term: tower.

Edited by GvilleSC

• 2 weeks later...

As in next to the BoA building?

Yes, where the old BoA parking garage sits currently and also the small parking lot at the corner of that block. It would also be nice if this development would encourage a building on the Washington Street garage. I believe I read that it was built to support a building over it. Does anyone know if that's true?