CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realize this, but it appears that the end where the Evolve Male store was will remain 3 stories. I think this is a good move, though I really wish they had been able to save the previous building and facade.

Edit: It is 3 stories in the renderings, but it's hard to really tell. Image 4 on the ONE website shows the North Laurens/West Washington corner.

Edited by GvilleSC

This project is really coming together nicely. I still cant figure out where this Phase III talk is coming from. I cant find any thing solid on this. Is this strictly Internet rumor, or does someone actually have some proof that this is going to happen?

Look at the ONE website. It shows future Phase 3 off to side, but no specifics and it only shows a tiny part of it.

• 4 weeks later...

It's funny to see people on this forum complaining about the name and architecture of this project when it is not even finished yet. I guess the tenants, hundreds of construction and permanent jobs, new public plaza, renovation of Laurens Street, new bank headquarters, Clemson business school, high-end national retail, adding to the city's tax base, filling in a long vacant site, etc. don't matter. Most cities especially of Greenville's size would kill to get a development of this magnitude during these economic times right now:

It's funny to see people on this forum complaining about the name and architecture of this project when it is not even finished yet. I guess the tenants, hundreds of construction and permanent jobs, new public plaza, renovation of Laurens Street, new bank headquarters, Clemson business school, high-end national retail, adding to the city's tax base, filling in a long vacant site, etc. don't matter. Most cities especially of Greenville's size would kill to get a development of this magnitude during these economic times right now:

Many cities would kill for any of the downtown developments. 3 new Apartment buildings on Rhett alone, the planned Phase 3 on One, or the dozens of extended developments of already built projects like Riverplace.

Many cities would kill to have the sight of the mayor and city council.

The new park along the Reedy will only improve this.

Edited by ausrutherford