CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

Since there hasn't been a photo update in this thread for a while, I figured I'd post some. Here are 2 photos I took a few weeks ago of the back side of the ONE buildings:

post-24605-0-03602800-1349448557_thumb.j post-24605-0-33003400-1349448566_thumb.j

Also, here's a photo from Greenville Daily Photo (by Mike Nice) from a few days ago:

DSC07032.jpg

I'm really impressed with this project. Can't wait for Phase 1 to be completed and for work to begin on Piazza Bergamo!

Since there hasn't been a photo update in this thread for a while, I figured I'd post some. Here are 2 photos I took a few weeks ago of the back side of the ONE buildings:

post-24605-0-03602800-1349448557_thumb.j post-24605-0-33003400-1349448566_thumb.j

Also, here's a photo from Greenville Daily Photo (by Mike Nice) from a few days ago:

DSC07032.jpg

I'm really impressed with this project. Can't wait for Phase 1 to be completed and for work to begin on Piazza Bergamo!

Great photos!

• 2 weeks later...

Only one 20,000 square foot floor plate remains available in the second (phase 2) building. All of the other tenant space within both buildings is now leased.

Is that including the retail space too, or just the office space. Either way, very impressive.

Edited by vicupstate

Might be nice to actually find out who some of those tenants are...

Several of us on here do know the tenant list, but doubtful anyone will say for fear of being blasted as a "liar", as was done to a couple of us before when the subject was discussed.

On that same topic, noticed someone yesterday posting that Greenville and this board are quiet. This board IS quiet, Greenville is NOT. SEVERAL things in the works that people are choosing not to mention in this and other online forums anymore. Quite sad really, when you look back to the free flow of information that was happening just a few years ago on this forum.

Edited by gs3

Exactly why I miss and wonder whatever happened to forum members like NYTransplant, RestedTraveler, Skyliner, Linkerjpatrick, Trey, Motonenterprises, Maninthepark, Whitehourseview, Distortedlogic, etc.

Not sure about most of them, but I know RestedTraveler no longer lives in Greenville so I imagine keeping up with the going-ons of Greenville are not top priority. Could be the same for the others, or maybe spending time on an online forum wasn't worth their time...who knows. Either way, I think a couple people know things and are not willing to share because, as was said, if it turns out to be wrong they'll be blasted for it.

Ideas of who all is filling the leases?

No clue.

Is that including the retail space too, or just the office space. Either way, very impressive.

From what I have heard, it includes all of the space (retail and office) within the entire project. The once available retail space is now "off market" and no longer listed on Loopnet or Divaris's website.

Edited by gman430

I'm gonna take a guess or two. I'm 85% sure Barnes and Noble is gonna locate in one of the ground floor retail spaces. Then I'd expect a Starbucks to open on the retail space that opens on to the plaza. As to everything else I'm not sure.

If they put in a store there, I bet they close the one down on Haywood. The company is hurting as it is.

I'm gonna take a guess or two. I'm 85% sure Barnes and Noble is gonna locate in one of the ground floor retail spaces. Then I'd expect a Starbucks to open on the retail space that opens on to the plaza. As to everything else I'm not sure.

Barnes & Noble would be a welcome addition to downtown, but Starbucks? There's already a glut of coffee places on main and no need for that particular brand of burnt bean.

Barnes & Noble would be a welcome addition to downtown, but Starbucks? There's already a glut of coffee places on main and no need for that particular brand of burnt bean.

Agreed, I hope they don't let Starbucks in. Port City is open again, and Moe Joe (however it's spelled) will be opening soon. Coffee Underground is across the street too. Not to mention how over-rated Starbucks is! Bleh! I mean, I like their cold drinks for the most part but you can get better hot drinks just about anywhere else.

If a coffee shop were to open in One, the only one I'd like to see is Coffee & Crema.

Agreed, I hope they don't let Starbucks in. Port City is open again, and Moe Joe (however it's spelled) will be opening soon. Coffee Underground is across the street too. Not to mention how over-rated Starbucks is! Bleh! I mean, I like their cold drinks for the most part but you can get better hot drinks just about anywhere else.

If a coffee shop were to open in One, the only one I'd like to see is Coffee & Crema.

I'd love to see a 2nd Starbucks open on Main. Major metropolitan areas have Starbucks and Dunkin's on every block. And if One can attract them, go for it. I think it says something about Greenville's vibrant downtown that we're at least playing in those waters a bit. And besides that, who are we to say Starbucks isn't "ok" for the development? It's a good, solid company; from what I've seen in this market, a responsible corporate presence. So if One and Starbucks strike a deal, then it's up to consumers to prove whether that was ultimately a smart decision.

Not arguing that it wouldn't work! Believe me, I know it would work well at One. Just my opinion that I'd rather have a better product, from a local business at that, than from Starbucks. I know plenty of people enjoy their coffee and I don't think it's terrible or anything, just saying I've had better. I understand how a decision between Starbucks and the little guy is easy...Starbucks, done...from a money and peace of mind point of view it's an easy choice. People will come, it's not gonna have a slow start, none of that local business lag a lot of stores have at the beginning. There's no uncertainty with customers when there's a Starbucks because it'll be the same every time you go (well, almost). So yeah, I get it and at the end of the day I'll take it...but I'll keep dreamin'.

I'd love to see a 2nd Starbucks open on Main. Major metropolitan areas have Starbucks and Dunkin's on every block. And if One can attract them, go for it. I think it says something about Greenville's vibrant downtown that we're at least playing in those waters a bit. And besides that, who are we to say Starbucks isn't "ok" for the development? It's a good, solid company; from what I've seen in this market, a responsible corporate presence. So if One and Starbucks strike a deal, then it's up to consumers to prove whether that was ultimately a smart decision.

This brings up the recurring issue of what we would like our downtown to be. Like you say, Starbucks and Dunkin's are common and generic. They add no character to a city. Sure, they're not the worst business to have around. A local business like Coffee & Crema, on the other hand, keeps more money in the community, adds something distinctive to the downtown, and makes far superior tasting coffee than Starbucks. I know taste is personal, but I like to delude myself into thinking that if exposed to good coffee, people will eventually realize just how mediocre Starbucks actually is and will get over the brand loyalty they have been duped into. Corporate monoculture is not a good thing, especially in downtown Greenville.

• Like 1