CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

Right next to one another?

If I see a Hollister, the A&F is on the other end of the mall.

Yes but Anthropologie and Urban Outfitter have completely different target demographics. One is for more well off, usually older women and the other is for younger, teenagers and young adults. Hollister and A&F are very similar and have some of the same shoppers.

Long story short, is the second tower topped out, and if so does anyone have any pics. I am out of town, I cant go see for myself. As much as I love the spirited debate over which bookstore belongs or if one even belongs in the development; not so much, but I digress. In a nutshell Im just asking to see construction updates in the construction thread, instead of a 1 page debate over what business belongs and what business does not belong in this development. I probably ruffled a few feathers, which in my experience doesn't take much effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen the latest Upstate Business Journal? On the inside, page 2, there is a photo of a side panel being welded into place on One.....the panel features the One logo. The caption below the photo reads:

"A construction worker welds part of ONE's facade to the rest of the building in downtown Greenville. ONE will be Greenville's newest mixed-use hub and, supposedly, it will be the tallest highrise in South Carolina" .

WTF were they smoking when they printed this? The building was topped out as of printing. They could simply look up and see the building isn't even the tallest on Main Street. LMAO! This isn't a simple typo, it is an untrue statement, published without any fact checking, or even simple common sense. Amazing.

Has anyone seen the latest Upstate Business Journal? On the inside, page 2, there is a photo of a side panel being welded into place on One.....the panel features the One logo. The caption below the photo reads:

"A construction worker welds part of ONE's facade to the rest of the building in downtown Greenville. ONE will be Greenville's newest mixed-use hub and, supposedly, it will be the tallest highrise in South Carolina" .

WTF were they smoking when they printed this? The building was topped out as of printing. They could simply look up and see the building isn't even the tallest on Main Street. LMAO! This isn't a simple typo, it is an untrue statement, published without any fact checking, or even simple common sense. Amazing.

I think they are talking about phase 3!

Mayor Knox seemed really excited when he alluded to phase 3, so if it turns out to be the highest building in SC, it wouldnt surprise me.

I agree, the wording is a bit misleading. But it is definitely referring to phase 3. It will be dynamic, and SC's tallest from what I've heard.

I agree, the wording is a bit misleading. But it is definitely referring to phase 3. It will be dynamic, and SC's tallest from what I've heard.

How many stories is the state's current? Do you count that "thing" at that business?

I think phase 3 is suppose to be just a Hotel, retail, and condos (or apartments) right? No office space?

Edited by ausrutherford

I think they are talking about phase 3!

Mayor Knox seemed really excited when he alluded to phase 3, so if it turns out to be the highest building in SC, it wouldnt surprise me.

That's what I thought. For those of us involved in the business or those that read urban planet, makes sense it would be Phase Three. But for the average Greenvillian, the printed statement sounds ignorant and lacking in facts. Better journalism can only be hoped for.

That's what I thought. For those of us involved in the business or those that read urban planet, makes sense it would be Phase Three. But for the average Greenvillian, the printed statement sounds ignorant and lacking in facts. Better journalism can only be hoped for.

Well its not like phase 3 is a secret. Even the Greenville News has put in their press that there is a phase 3. Sure, no one knows the exact specs of phase 3, but now we know it will be better than 30 stories.

In other words...earth shattering new skyline!

I met a lady today who said her husband is working with one of the contractors on the ONE project. I said that I would like to hear an announcement soon for other retailers and I asked her if she knew anything. She replied very confidently,"It's Brooks Brothers. They just haven't announced it yet." I didn't want to question her as she seemed pretty sure and I had just met her. I called the Asheville location and they have not heard anything. Can anyone confirm or deny? Brooks Brothers would be awesome!

Edited by greenvilleguy

I met a lady today who said her husband is working with one of the contractors on the ONE project. I said that I would like to hear an announcement soon for other retailers and I asked her if she knew anything. She replied very confidently,"It's Brooks Brothers. They just haven't announced it yet." I didn't want to question her as she seemed pretty sure and I had just met her. I called the Asheville location and they have not heard anything. Can anyone confirm or deny? Brooks Brothers would be awesome!

That would be FANTASTIC. It makes sense, since (1) Brooks Bros. does downtown locations (e.g., Atlanta, and I'm told that Founders Hall in Charlotte had one) and (2) cities comparable to Greenville (e.g., Knoxville) have it.

That would be FANTASTIC. It makes sense, since (1) Brooks Bros. does downtown locations (e.g., Atlanta, and I'm told that Founders Hall in Charlotte had one) and (2) cities comparable to Greenville (e.g., Knoxville) have it.

Brooks Brothers would also complement the female-oriented Anthropologie by catering (mostly) to men.

That sure is a mighty fine development going up on that site...and Brooks Bros. would not surprise me one bit. Y'all are no-doubt gonna freak when you see Phase III unveiled, if a) it truly is what the rumors are saying it is height-wise and b) it is crowned by something as interesting and geometrical as the rest of the project has been so far.