CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

I didn't realize until today that the second floor of the south tower is two stories high, floor to ceiling. This is particularly evident in the back section, built where the small clothing store used to be, but continues forward as well. Anyone know what the purpose is?
That is the largest space provided for retail/restaurant use, so I expect something significant will eventually occupy both floors overlooking that corner.

Second law Firm tenant is official...

The Smith Moore Leatherwood law firm is the latest tenant to announce a presence at the One development under construction along Main Street.

Members of the firm told GreenvilleOnline.com that they’ll vacate their current offices in the SunTrust Building downtown and move into the 10th and 11th floors of One’s larger office tower in early 2014.

Meanwhile, the big orange Clemson sign on the office building near Liberty Bridge in downtown Greenville is coming down.

Clemson University spokeswoman Cathy Sams said Clemson will not backfill the space it will vacate in the former Bowater Inc. headquarters next to Falls Park when it moves the programs currently housed in that building to One.

Clemson President Jim Barker had said previously that it was possible the university would take space at both locations.

Clemson has been leasing more than 30,000 square feet at the former Bowater headquarters, which it renamed Clemson at the Falls, for its MBA program and other graduate business and professional development programs.

Those programs are scheduled to move into more than 70,000 square feet at One no later than the spring of 2014. Clemson also plans to move its master’s in real estate development and master’s in accountancy to One from its main campus in Clemson.

Sams said the Clemson University Land Stewardship Foundation will pay $5 million to buy the space at One, which it will then lease to Clemson for $8 per square foot. In addition, Clemson plans to spend $6.7 million to upfit the space, she said.

The new location in an office tower overlooking a renovated Piazza Bergamo will be a permanent location for Clemson in downtown Greenville, Sams pointed out.

“The lease is lower than our current lease at the Falls location and substantially below market rates,” she said. “Plus, we should see additional savings in energy and operational costs because this is a new building specifically designed for these programs.”

Obviously there will be some space to backfill at Sun Trust and The Bowater building.  Both buildings could use some updating and reconfiguration.   That Sun Trust building needs to convert the surface lot to garage parking and add additional office/retail space.     Bowater needs to be redesigned to interact more with Falls Park.  

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:The "correct" rumor by the way is CB2, not Crate and Barrel. And it is only rumor.

CB2 would be a huge disappointment. It is Crate & Barrel's "modern" line, which is mostly IKEA quality. I think it sucks. I think this would be a mistake in Greenville. It works in large metros with tons of college students and Asians, but that's about it. The regular Crate & Barrel would do much better in Greenville, IMO.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

The "correct" rumor by the way is CB2, not Crate and Barrel. And it is only rumor.

Isn't CB2 like the daughter of Crate and Barrel? They operate under the same corporation, so he wasn't too far off. I think it'd be a great addition, as more and more apartments open up downtown there will be quite the market for their home goods. 

Leopard Forest would do well with a location at One. 

Love that coffee shop, but it's just called "The Forest" now-a-days.  Yeah, it'll always be Leopard Forest to me, too. It would be great to see them add a store downtown, but there may already be too many others just on Main - i.e.; Starbucks, Spill the Beans, Port City, Moe Joes, and Coffee Underground.

Brasfield & Gorrie, one of the nation’s largest privately held construction firms, recently celebrated the topping out of the second phase of Project ONE, a $42.4 million, two-tower office building and retail space located in downtown Greenville. The entire project is scheduled to be completed in June 2013.

Phase II broke ground in June 2012 and includes the 11-story, 201,000 sq ft South Office Tower, which has seven floors of meeting and training rooms as well as an auditorium space for Certus Bank, an anchor tenant. The remaining three floors are available for lease. As part of the $20.4 million Phase II project, Brasfield & Gorrie will also handle the build-out of the Smith Moore Leatherwood office and the auditorium space for Certus Bank.

Phase I, the North Office Tower, broke ground in September 2011 and was completed in December 2012. It is a $22 million, nine-story, 180,000 sq ft office building that includes four classroom floors for Clemson University’s MBA program, two floors for local law firm Haynesworth Sinkler Boyd, and a floor of executive space for Certus Bank.

Both towers are pursuing LEED Gold certification, signifying that the project features elements that make it environmentally friendly and energy efficient.

News release: http://data.greenvilleonline.com/upstatebusiness/blog/index.php/firm-celebrates-topping-out-of-the-second-phase-of-project-one/ I thought it was supposed to be $100 million not $42.4 million. Phase 3 for the remaining amount maybe? Also, I am not sure where B&G is getting three floors remaining for lease in phase two as the ONE website states only one floor plate is available for lease. The math definitely goes with the website claim over B&G's: One floor for retail/restaurant space, two floors for Smith Moore Leatherwood, and seven floors for CertusBank=ten floors leased out of eleven.

Edited by gman430

Brasfield & Gorrie, one of the nation’s largest privately held construction firms, recently celebrated the topping out of the second phase of Project ONE, a $42.4 million, two-tower office building and retail space located in downtown Greenville. The entire project is scheduled to be completed in June 2013.

Phase II broke ground in June 2012 and includes the 11-story, 201,000 sq ft South Office Tower, which has seven floors of meeting and training rooms as well as an auditorium space for Certus Bank, an anchor tenant. The remaining three floors are available for lease. As part of the $20.4 million Phase II project, Brasfield & Gorrie will also handle the build-out of the Smith Moore Leatherwood office and the auditorium space for Certus Bank.

Phase I, the North Office Tower, broke ground in September 2011 and was completed in December 2012. It is a $22 million, nine-story, 180,000 sq ft office building that includes four classroom floors for Clemson University’s MBA program, two floors for local law firm Haynesworth Sinkler Boyd, and a floor of executive space for Certus Bank.

Both towers are pursuing LEED Gold certification, signifying that the project features elements that make it environmentally friendly and energy efficient.

News release: http://data.greenvilleonline.com/upstatebusiness/blog/index.php/firm-celebrates-topping-out-of-the-second-phase-of-project-one/ I thought it was supposed to be $100 million not $42.4 million. Phase 3 for the remaining amount maybe? Also, I am not sure where B&G is getting three floors remaining for lease in phase two as the ONE website states only one floor plate is available for lease. The math definitely goes with the website claim over B&G's: One floor for retail/restaurant space, two floors for Smith Moore Leatherwood, and seven floors for CertusBank=ten floors leased out of eleven.

I saw that as well.  I think some of their numbers are just out of date.  As in before Smith Moore announced.   The 42 million figure probably only includes the exterior buildings and no interior work, since they are only doing some of that and even what they are doing may not be in the figures they quoted..

Makes sense. Not including the first floor retail/restaurant remaining space which might already have tenants lined up, only the ninth floor in both buildings remains available for lease. Here is a really good summary on what has been leased so far:

Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd-

The law firm will occupy 42,000 square feet on the second and third floors of phase I.

CertusBank-

CertusBank will occupy 21,000 square feet on the fourth floor of phase I. The bank will also occupy roughly 140,000 square feet on floors two through eight of phase II. Its retail and flagship branch will occupy 7,350 square feet on the ground floor.

Anthropologie-

The retailer will occupy 9,500 square feet on the ground floor.

Clemson University-

Clemson’s MBA program and professional development services will occupy 70,000 square feet of space on floors five through eight of phase I. It will also have 1,200 square feet on the ground floor.

Tupelo Honey-

The Asheville-based restaurant will occupy 5,030 square feet on the ground floor.

Smith Moore Leatherwood-

The law firm will occupy roughly 34,000 square feet on the top two floors of phase II, occupying most of the 10th floor and the entire 11th floor.

SOURCE: Hughes Development Corp.

Phase 1 building:

1st floor: Tupelo Honey Cafe, Clemson University, CertusBank, and Anthropologie

2nd and 3rd floors: Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd

4th floor: CertusBank

5th-8th floors: Clemson University

9th floor: Available

Phase 2 building:

1st floor: TBA retailers/restaurants

2nd-8th floors: CertusBank

9th floor: Available

10th and 11th floors: Smith Moore Leatherwood