CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

Not really sure where to put this, but this thread is related.....

Everyone knows the city targeted G Spot. With the opening of One just across The Piazza, the city simply did not want the G Spot demographic around. I hear the next target for the city is Dixie's Tavern. Expect to see them fold before the end of 2013, from what I hear.

Edited by gs3

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="gs3" data-cid="1249592" data-time="1357174954"><p>

Not really sure where to put this, but this thread is related.....<br />

Everyone knows the city targeted G Spot. With the opening of One just across The Piazza, the city simply did not want the G Spot demographic around. I hear the next target for the city is Dixie's Tavern. Expect to see them fold before the end of 2013, from what I hear.</p></blockquote>

Have they had problems with them? Like fights or whatever?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="gs3" data-cid="1249592" data-time="1357174954"><p>

Not really sure where to put this, but this thread is related.....<br />

Everyone knows the city targeted G Spot. With the opening of One just across The Piazza, the city simply did not want the G Spot demographic around. I hear the next target for the city is Dixie's Tavern. Expect to see them fold before the end of 2013, from what I hear.</p></blockquote>

Have they had problems with them? Like fights or whatever?

Probably . . . And the City most definitely planted them.  :ermm:

New announcements revealed today on tour of ONE site with media and city council members that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone:

Hughes Development Corporation taking up ninth floor in first building. :thumbsup:

Brooks Brothers for Main at Washington. :yahoo:

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

Wow, it's great to be getting a Brooks Brothers.

I would have to think that with now 2 "upscale mall" chain tenants going downtown instead of to Haywood, other retailers will put downtown on their radar screens.

Downtown needs a better website, such as this one, which is like a mall's website, directed at shoppers:

http://www.palmersquare.com

I am fairly certain that Brooks Brothers will not be in this building. There must have been a communication error somewhere along the line. Brooks Brothers would be great but not happening in Project One.

Trust me. They are locating within ONE. I wouldn't lie about it or make it up.

Edited by gman430

Well, Brooks Bros. (1) does downtown stores, (2) is in cities with demographics and size comparable to Greenville and (3) is in expansion mode.  I see that Charlottesville, VA is even getting one, at an outdoor development.

I'm surprised though that there has been no official announcement or a 'coming soon' notation on the BB website.

There won't be an official announcement until Brooks Brothers is ready. The news of them coming was more of a 'leak' on the construction tour than anything else.

Anthropologie will be opening in March. The Greenville store will be 2,000 square feet larger than the Charleston store that opened late last year.