CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

Have we seen a streetscaping plan? I can't remember. However, West Washington Street is a really interesting beast. It's one of the only streets downtown that doesn't have on street parking between Main and Academy. However, this works out great to the south, where very wide sidewalks allows for plenty of dining AND walking space for the multiple restaurants. I could be happy either way, but parking could help slow down some of the thru traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - I really like how the N. Laurens St. side is turning out. The step back on the building that fronts Washington definitely gives it a much more pedestrian friendly feel. Very happy Camille's is continuing to prosper through the renovations. I read in the GVille Journal about how sales were down 30% or something like that, which is to be expected, but I think the end result for them will be great.

Cant wait for the potential phase 3. That corridor will be really cool.

Wow - I really like how the N. Laurens St. side is turning out. The step back on the building that fronts Washington definitely gives it a much more pedestrian friendly feel. Very happy Camille's is continuing to prosper through the renovations. I read in the GVille Journal about how sales were down 30% or something like that, which is to be expected, but I think the end result for them will be great.

Cant wait for the potential phase 3. That corridor will be really cool.

I've never been to Camille's, but it's nice to hear that they're doing ok through all the construction mess. With the renovated Piazza and the added day time population at their front door, I agree that they should see positive results at the completion of all of this.

I'm still most excited to experience the completed Piazza. The Proaxis building on the north side of the Piazza looks great!

I've never been to Camille's, but it's nice to hear that they're doing ok through all the construction mess. With the renovated Piazza and the added day time population at their front door, I agree that they should see positive results at the completion of all of this.

I'm still most excited to experience the completed Piazza. The Proaxis building on the north side of the Piazza looks great!

Its a nice spot... haven't been there recently but need to go back. I agree, the Piazza is going to be an experience in itself. With the rooftop bar (Sip) finishing up this month and the new steak restaurant opening up I can see a bustle of activity in the area very soon.

BofA building slated to include new three story base. Apparently renderings were shown this morning. White parking garage slated to come down in a few months for phase 3. Additional retail tenant lease signed for phase 2.

This three story base sounds like a GREAT idea, but I'm not sure I understand where it is going. Or is it just a conversion of the space that's currently within the footprint of the tower...?

This three story base sounds like a GREAT idea, but I'm not sure I understand where it is going. Or is it just a conversion of the space that's currently within the footprint of the tower...?

Apparently it's going where a portion of the white parking garage currently stands. Phase 3 will be connected to it some way.

So this is not Phase 3, but part of the redo for BoA?

Correct. This new base will serve several purposes:

-Improve the aesthetics of the B of A building at street level (especially as it relates to the piazza)

-Enhance the visual tie-in with phase 3

-Serve as a potential base for the phase 3 tower

I don't know details, but I'm still hearing that this tower will be quite dramatic. Still mixed-use as has been the plan, with at least one major corporate player. With the new hotels announced for downtown, it will be interesting to see if phase 3 still includes one. If so, I predict it will be a small portion and tend toward high-end/boutique (I.e., the market the Peacock Hotel & Spa hoped to reach).

Would this base cover the whole parcel of land that is now surface and garage parking?

Is someone lined up to be the major corporate player. or is that the hope/expectation?  If so, are they here already or new to Greenville/ 

Hughes said he was talking to businesses which were interested in Phase I and II but didnt have the room to fit them in.

So this is not Phase 3, but part of the redo for BoA?

The demolition of the white garage and parking lot next to it is for both the three story base and phase III. They will tie in together some way. I am not sure when phase III will start construction.

What is the occupancy for the BoA tower?

Some office space will be demolished with the garage I'm assuming (it appears that there's office space in that portion). Does anyone know how much?

BofA consists of 222,000 square feet with 65,882 square feet of that currently available.