CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

gs3 is already disappointed.

Are you going to discuss the topic or make personal attacks???  Your personal attacks are typical of much of the small minded thinking that holds Greenville back.  I'll be quite happy to see phase three happen.  God knows Greenville needs all it can get!  Oh yeah, and thanks for thinking of me. I must be more popular than I realized.  LOL!

Are you going to discuss the topic or make personal attacks???  Your personal attacks are typical of much of the small minded thinking that holds Greenville back.  I'll be quite happy to see phase three happen.  God knows Greenville needs all it can get!  Oh yeah, and thanks for thinking of me. I must be more popular than I realized.  LOL!

If you would knock off the constant posts about "Greenville is so small-minded", "Greenville can't get to the next level", etc., then you wouldn't be on the receiving end of posts such as the one that you're inflamed about.  It's not your self-proclaimed popularity that triggered that post, it's your constant criticism, which gets old.

Back to the topic, I'm glad to see this new building!  The transit complex could definitely use some redevelopment, and the old Hotel Greenville could also be turned into something nice, so hopefully this will spread the zone of redevelopment.

Edited by mallguy

I for one am tired of the personal lashes at gs3. I don't always like his posts, and sometimes they make me want to walk into the next room and slap my roommates for no reason, but he is certainly entitled to his opinion and here on the internets he's free to share them! Criticism is a good thing! Without criticism the powers in charge would never be questioned and we would have no say in any matter (heh, like we do anyways...). You don't have to like what he says, but really guys? Are you putting yourself in some "better place" by turning around and calling him out completely out of the blue? Grow up people. If gs3 hates everything that happens in Greenville and he/she wants to post about it then so be it. Do something good for the city to prove him wrong if you care so much.

I love this city and for the most part I love the direction it's going. I love a lot of the people here too, but there truly are a lot of close-minded people here! There are lots of people who could care less if there is change and growth and art and green space and bike rentals and trail systems and national stores and good restaurants and ... see where I'm going? Some people just want to eat at Stax everyday and get fat as f*** and they're free to do that. There are people here who want it to stay the same as it's always been and obviously they will not get what they want, but they are here in abundance and they'll argue their beliefs as much as we'll argue ours.

If you people can't handle gs3's opinion then perhaps the internet is a bad place for you to be! You ever read through youtube comments? I'd hate to see some of you get worked up about that...

just a little side note: i'm not agreeing with gs3 or disagreeing with anyone else. all i'm saying is he's entitled to an opinion whether we agree with it or not. I do love greenville. yes, i think most people here are good, kind, caring people. yes, I do think there are a lot of racist bigots here as well. we have to fight through their delusions to get where we want to be and make Greenville a place for everyone.

Edited by GVLbikeNboard
  • Like 1

Mallguy nailed it. The problem is every single comment gsupstate makes is negative. I don't think I have seen one positive comment from him the last two years. I find it pathetic he is still butt hurt over Jim Bourey getting fired when he wasn't properly doing his job. I also don't see why gsupstate cares so much about Greenville still now that he lives in Dallas. Personally, I miss the old Gsupstate who used to share pics, be positive, and post valuable information that was previously not known. How one guy can change so much so fast baffles me. Several questions need to be answered. What happened to him and what is the REAL story for this change? I know it can't just be over Jim Bourey getting fired.

Edited by gman430

I for one am tired of the personal lashes at gs3. I don't always like his posts, and sometimes they make me want to walk into the next room and slap my roommates for no reason, but he is certainly entitled to his opinion and here on the internets he's free to share them! Criticism is a good thing! Without criticism the powers in charge would never be questioned and we would have no say in any matter (heh, like we do anyways...). You don't have to like what he says, but really guys? Are you putting yourself in some "better place" by turning around and calling him out completely out of the blue? Grow up people. If gs3 hates everything that happens in Greenville and he/she wants to post about it then so be it. Do something good for the city to prove him wrong if you care so much.

I love this city and for the most part I love the direction it's going. I love a lot of the people here too, but there truly are a lot of close-minded people here! There are lots of people who could care less if there is change and growth and art and green space and bike rentals and trail systems and national stores and good restaurants and ... see where I'm going? Some people just want to eat at Stax everyday and get fat as f*** and they're free to do that. There are people here who want it to stay the same as it's always been and obviously they will not get what they want, but they are here in abundance and they'll argue their beliefs as much as we'll argue ours.

If you people can't handle gs3's opinion then perhaps the internet is a bad place for you to be! You ever read through youtube comments? I'd hate to see some of you get worked up about that...

If he can dish the criticism, which is all he ever does, then he can certainly take it.  Some of his criticism is on target, and has a point. But much of it is not, such as why is the city spending money on police and fire, instead of burying power lines. Criticism based on thoroughly unrealistic expectations like that don't add anything.  Genuine criticism that reflect things that can actually be helped, are a different story.  

If he can dish the criticism, which is all he ever does, then he can certainly take it.  Some of his criticism is on target, and has a point. But much of it is not, such as why is the city spending money on police and fire, instead of burying power lines. Criticism based on thoroughly unrealistic expectations like that don't add anything.  Genuine criticism that reflect things that can actually be helped, are a different story.  

Yes, I completely agree with you. But sometimes people love it when their fires are fueled by getting others worked up over things. If everyone would stop calling him out then maybe he'll back off with the negative posts...and maybe he won't, who cares. If I argued with some of the ignorant people I deal with on a daily basis then 99% of the time it would have no affect and I'd probably get my a$$ beat. When someone is raised and taught a certain way it's hard to change them. Sometimes you just have to ignore them and wait 'til they're gone.

How are they going to preserve the plaza with the BofA redo and Phase III?

Not sure what you mean. Phase 3 isn't going to get built where the new plaza is going in.

There had to have been a better way to design that elevator shaft.

Oddly enough, I really like the elevator shaft and yet I don't even know why. :lol: Maybe the angle of it or something draws me towards it. :dontknow:

just a little side note: i'm not agreeing with gs3 or disagreeing with anyone else. all i'm saying is he's entitled to an opinion whether we agree with it or not. I do love greenville. yes, i think most people here are good, kind, caring people. yes, I do think there are a lot of racist bigots here as well. we have to fight through their delusions to get where we want to be and make Greenville a place for everyone.

I must say, you are spot on. Any city that wants to change, grow and improve, needs all voices to be heard. Too many in Greenville government want people to shut up and follow the status quo.....only say good things. Amazing, when I used to post positive comments on Greenville I was slammed as a "cheerleader". Once I started posting honest opinions on the city, I started being slammed for being negative. Gotta love the internet. LOL.

My criticisms are of the "city".

Your criticism, Vic, are of me and my personal opinions.

In case you can't see the difference in the two...

Let me and others have our opinions, or feel free to PUT ME ON IGNORE, but stop with the PERSONAL slams and attacks.

Regarding the latest photos, the elevator shaft SEVERELY takes away from what is otherwise an OK development.

The article in todays paper actually mentions that the section of the plaza and Laurens street nearest Camilles may not be completed right now and wait till phase three is completed.  It also reffered to phase three as a "high rise".

My criticisms are of the "city".

Your criticism, Vic, are of me and my personal opinions.

In case you can't see the difference in the two...

Not correct.  You slam Greenville for its "small-minded thinking" over and over and over. Since physical structures, trees, roads, etc. that make up Greenville cannot think, you're slamming the citizens of Greenville over and over through your criticisms.  You also attack plenty of people on this board when they disagree with you.

The article in todays paper actually mentions that the section of the plaza and Laurens street nearest Camilles may not be completed right now and wait till phase three is completed.  It also reffered to phase three as a "high rise".

Well I wouldn't be too happy about this if I was Tupelo Honey....