CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

^^  The Tan building is at Richardson and Washington, not Laurens and Washington.   

I took the article to mean a building at Laurens and Washington that is NOT part of Phase 3.  Mayor White has spoken of the city selling the air rights at the Bus Station on more than one occassion.  I assumed that is what the quote is referring to. 

There was a TBD recently about the city buying property from the transit authority, but I ASSUMED that was the West End property where the maintenance shop is.  

A more realistic rendering is here:

project-one-phase-3.jpg

I guess the extra building Hughes was talking about is the tan 4 story portion.

I don't know for sure but I am thinking this is right and there will be retail space on the ground floor of the garage. It looks like more than one floor of mixed use space on the other side and only Laurens Street is slated to have that. So I guess that is Washington at Laurens on the rendering...go figure.

If you look closely at the rendering on wyff4's website, then you may notice a "separate" 4-level building at the corner in the foreground. It appears to be connected to the overall development concept, yet it could be a separate project (separate from the parking garage and hotel), like the Bookends projects. If my hunch is accurate, then the rendering shows all announced structures.

Edit: I see the discussion already touched on this theory. I was replying to a post on the previous page.

Edited by Skyliner

^^That sounds logical. All this pieces would fit under that scenario.

The main entrance (driveway) to the hotel would likely be on the opposite side of the rendering along Richardson Street, although the developers could rearrange the layout to place it on West Washington Street at the expense of some retail space there.

From what I can tell, the Brooks Brothers will be along West Washington Street, with windows wrapping around West Washington and North Laurens Streets, but not facing N. Main.  Is that the best location for a retail store?  I'd think that foot traffic up and down Main is higher than along West Washington.

I assume that Rush Wilson does fine even though it's also along a side street but not on N. Main, right?

From what I can tell, the Brooks Brothers will be along West Washington Street, with windows wrapping around West Washington and North Laurens Streets, but not facing N. Main. Is that the best location for a retail store? I'd think that foot traffic up and down Main is higher than along West Washington.

I assume that Rush Wilson does fine even though it's also along a side street but not on N. Main, right?

I thought their Design Review Application had them at Main and Washington. Am I wrong?

Brooks Brothers entrance will be at the intersection of Main and Washington Streets directly behind the Sterling Statue.

Great- that is much better.

The space I was thinking of looks like a retail space and looks like it's coming along pretty well. I'll be curious to see what goes in it.

• 2 weeks later...