CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

Absolutely- thank you for sharing!  Landing a Brooks Brothers is impressive; I'm not aware of any other Southern downtowns that have them, other than Charleston.  Downtown Atlanta's store closed, and even SouthPark and Roosevelt Field Malls lost theirs.

Couldn't have timed it any better: http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2013/OCTOBER/DesignReviewBoard/10-03-2013/CA-13-215-WestWashingtonandNorthLaurens.pdf 143 feet and 10 inches tall. The phase II building is 150 feet tall to give you some comparison. 

Edited by gman430

I'm guessing the rumor has morphed a little.  I heard "Aloft by W", which make sense, as most Alofts are in the 100 to 200 room range.  The typical full line W tends to be greater than 300 rooms and obviously, in higher profile cities.  With 125 rooms expected for this, count on the lesser Aloft, if Starwood makes a deal.  Also, given the set-up (hotel on top of parking garage / retail), this is a very common set-up for the Aloft brand (think Aloft at Epicentre in Charlotte).

Seems a few of us knew it was Aloft months ago. ^

Aloft is OK, but they can tend to draw a good amount of cheesiness. Overall good to see.

Aloft hotels are awesome. They are very good at appealing to my age range. Great service, implementation with technology and bar. Glad to have another ugly parking garage demolished and a new one put in its place.

Hopefully the one across Washington (with the bus station) is next. Would love a mixed use building over there (retail, apartments, office) surrounding/on top of a new garage. Think it would be good to create a new "grand" station down Washington which would include the train and bus station. Then have the free trolley go from there towards Main.

• Like 2

This is certainly good news.

How about another office building downtown, to help provide customers to all of these new hotels and retailers?

I wonder if Fluor would ever realize its mistake and move back downtown?

I'm also hoping that the Greenville Summit/old Hotel Greenville will be remodeled and redeveloped (not torn down). It's in a good location that gets better every day.

This is certainly good news.

How about another office building downtown, to help provide customers to all of these new hotels and retailers?

I wonder if Fluor would ever realize its mistake and move back downtown?

I'm also hoping that the Greenville Summit/old Hotel Greenville will be remodeled and redeveloped (not torn down). It's in a good location that gets better every day.

Fluor has been poorly managed in Greenville and is currently struggling to compete as a result. They recently laid off or transferred lots of engineers and vacated a significant amount of office space at their campus near Haywood Mall.

While that's true, the title of the thread doesn't reflect the development's name, just its location... Just splitting hairs, but this is going to become a misleading thread...

I think most know we are talking about ONE as it relates to the entire project, including the BofA building. There is nothing misleading to the discussion.