Nashville infill update

william

Friends,

Just a quick update on some Nashville infill projects.

1. 2222 Building in 12South: The three-level building (two and one-half floors are above grade) will have steps allowing pedestrians to access the first-floor retail spaces. This differs from the artist rendering with the sign on the work site. All other buildings in the area have doors opening to the sidewalk. Not sure how 2222 will look because of this. Nice building overall, however.

2. The West End: Work now underway on the nine-story luxury condo tower at 31st and West End.

3. Midtown Lofts: CODA's project is fully underway on 31st near The West End, ditto for 3103 West End Circle, David McGowan's three-story replica of a vintage apartment house.

4. No updates on The Adelicia (18 stories in Midtown), Harris Lofts (nine stories in Bicentennial Mall area).

5. East End Lofts: Ground is to be broken on the contemporary three-story condo building, to be located on Woodland Street in East Nashville, in October.

6. On the east side theme, work is set to start in October on 37206 Building. And Phase I of Fifth and Main appears close.

7. Work is now underway on Morgan Park Place in Germantown.

Exciting times for the city.

William Wiiliams

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WW, sorry to miss the Bongo yesterday. I'm sad. :(

Moving on:

I was checking out the 31st-West End area yesterday and noticed one of my favorite little houses was gone. It was the Dutch looking house at the base of American Center II. In its place was this sign. The vintage apt house on Long Blvd is nearly finished, but this one caught me off guard. It's right next to Midtown Lofts and across the street from The West End. It just never stops, does it. BTW, have you seen the giant hole for the Bristol project behind Rhumba? Mercy!

img00710rp.th.jpg

Here's a shot I took this morning, Sun. of the Viridian...up it goes.

img00514er.th.jpg

Hmmm, the Gulch is beginning to look like a "place" now, isn't it?img00653cz.th.jpg

What about this monster? Does anyone know anything about this? It's proposed for Belle Meade at Woodmont, but who knows what will ultimately end up out there with the new Town Center plans and all. Anyway, this one looks expensive. Interesting, to say the least.woodmont8hx.th.jpg

What about this monster? Does anyone know anything about this? It's proposed for Belle Meade at Woodmont, but who knows what will ultimately end up out there with the new Town Center plans and all. Anyway, this one looks expensive. Interesting, to say the least.woodmont8hx.th.jpg

Wow! That is a monster!

And thanks William for the updates. I was a little disappointed that there's no news on a ground breaking for the Adelicia. I was expecting that to start in August or September. Nevertheless, William is right. Exciting times in Nashville!!! :D

I'm curious about the Adelicia also. I heard a supposedly "off mike" remark at the Zoning meeting the other day that mentioned they had their financing in order, GM is what I heard, loads of cash. There was some surprise expressed at the meeting as well since all the variances and other zoning issues had been resolved. I guess we'll just wait and see. The Realtor's Building is no empty so I suppose is scheduled for demolition pretty soon. That remark was made at the same meeting that the ICON received its skyplane variance. That one's a go.

Archived