Watermark

atlrvr

Tuscan Development just received its building permit this week for "The Watermark", the controversial 4-story mixed use building overlooking the greenway, opposite Kings Dr......

Hopefully it will be glassy, though Tuscan typically has slightly forward looking stuff.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuscan Development just received its building permit this week for "The Watermark", the controversial 4-story mixed use building overlooking the greenway, opposite Kings Dr......

Hopefully it will be glassy, though Tuscan typically has slightly forward looking stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

awesome. thanks for the update atlrvr

:thumbsup:

It narrowly passed the rezoning due to the protest petition....the adjoining property owners argued that it was too large for that street, and that it would put surface parking too close to the creek once it was uncapped.....the county is considering jogging the creek away from Watermark to make sure an appropriate buffer is maintained.

It narrowly passed the rezoning due to the protest petition....the adjoining property owners argued that it was too large for that street, and that it would put surface parking too close to the creek once it was uncapped.....the county is considering jogging the creek away from Watermark to make sure an appropriate buffer is maintained.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be unfortunate to move the creek like that given the extensive designs we've worked on for that area of the greenway. That's a tricky piece of land and moving the creek now would be a drastic blow to that design.

As a footnote, another project we're working on is for the greenway between Morehead and East. Clearing will begin hopefully in October of all invasive species and replanted with native species at that time.

• 3 months later...

I'm sure this is posted somewhere else, but did anyone see the rendering of Tuscan Development's Watermark condo building in today's Observer insert Living Here? It's the one being built on the Sugar Creek Greenway in Midtown. I couldn't find it on their website, but the pic in the Disturber is way cool. Very mod and hip and much larger than I though it was supposed to be. It looks like five stories in the rendering. I will try and scan a copy later and insert.

The Living Here magazine in today's Observer is worth the cost of a printed copy even if you throw away the rest of the paper. It has a lot of information about the city, especially downtown, and there is a high class glossy full page advert for the Vue too. There is an article on Living in the Heart of CLT by some guy named Binyamin Applebaum, and another one of the street car suburbs near downtown.

I didn't realize that if you drive one look around 485, (once complete) it is almost 68 miles. There is a guide to all the exits. There are pretty good articles on the LRT and the CATS bus system. All the things we love here at UrbanPlanet.

In the guide to the projects, it does still list The Park as a viable project. 107 units, 21 stories.

• 5 weeks later...

that is Watermark, the tuscan condos, discussed here:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...05&hl=watermark

the midtown sundries, i believe will be swallow up as part of the greenway project. it floods all the time, so the office behind midtown sundries has been boarded up for a long time.

thx D. BTW, I tried to find a rendering of the project. I went through the thread and did not see it. I even went to their site (Tusca) and did not see the project there either. Huh ;) Anywho, I am sad to see that the corner where midtown is at will not be developed, but I guess it is in fact in the flood plain as you commented on in your last post. Oh well. I wonder if they will just bulldose it and expand the green there?

A2

you will have to dust off the '93 Compaq at home. the rendering that was posted in the paper was scanned in on this post:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...ndpost&p=205860

but i'm "guessing" that your firewall blocks the photo at work ;).

it is very modern. with lots of cubes, glass and steel. almost looks like a small office building, but it is actually condos.

EDIT: actually, tuscan's website says office, so i guess they aren't condos

Archived