What's so bad about sprawl?

willrusso

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the multi-jurisdictional rural buffer around Chapel Hill/Carrboro was supposed to curb sprawl. I'm sure it's done so to some extent, but Orange County seems to have its share of typical subdivisions, and aside from Southern Village, Chapel Hill's done little to curb sprawl. What they have done is make the price of entry so high, that housing is totally unaffordable.

just my two cents. Perhaps the study referenced in the article will lead to sound policies that will guide growth in a sane, sustainable way.

the multi-jurisdictional rural buffer around Chapel Hill/Carrboro was supposed to curb sprawl. I'm sure it's done so to some extent, but Orange County seems to have its share of typical subdivisions, and aside from Southern Village, Chapel Hill's done little to curb sprawl. What they have done is make the price of entry so high, that housing is totally unaffordable.

just my two cents. Perhaps the study referenced in the article will lead to sound policies that will guide growth in a sane, sustainable way.

I agree 100%.

Archived