Kimbrell's Building Coming Down

NYTransplant

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Kimbrell building will be coming down and will be replaced by townhomes and a plaza.

I'm not sure how the building will look. The way they describe it, I just don't see it as very attractive. Maybe I don't get it.

Greenville News Story Here :thumbsup:

You're not the only one having problems getting a mental picture on this. Brick etched onto glass. It sounds like the first floor is going to be largely glass so that pedestrian will "see thru" to the park.

I do like that residences and green spaces is included at the same time there is no "gap" on Main St. This will be very interesting to see. It will probably look really good or really bad. We'll see.

My vote is that it will look absolutely awesome. I think it will be well illuminated at night. :) The "multi-story" mixed-use building in the back, on Spring Street will hopefully be well designed. It is supposed to be twelve stories I recall. Great News! :)

An illuminated "glass brick" building. Now THAT sounds interesting. Think of all the possibilities.

as of Sunday night Young Fashions still stands. I must have gotten the day wrong. I did notice that all the promo stuff for the new building is gone from the windows which leads me to beleive that they were prepping it for anilation.

I walked by there yesterday (yes, I was in my Greenville for the first time in 6 weeks, and it was wonderful!) and it definitely looks like it's coming down soon. There was even something on the inside wall (on the left as you look in the window) with a drawing of a wrecking ball and perhaps the name of the company who will be doing it.

This building is an eyesore and it will be nice when it is down so something better can take its place.

There are two port-a-johns next to the building, work must be immenient. I wish the Woolworth building was coming down too. With Young Fashions, the "Bridge" building and the BofA garage soon to see the wrecking ball, a big visual opening will soon appear between Main and Richardson.

Archived