Renovation Update

GRDadof3

For all intents and purposes, I would say this one is done :D

E3216BE02EA911DAA019740218F73B1D.jpg

E5979C002EA911DAA5096A1418F73B1D.jpg

And the flag is back up. I think someone mentioned that it was gone. It appears as though the Starbucks is open now?

I don't know about you guys, but what an improvement. I can't find a before picture :(

Edit: The Biz Journal is reporting what I thought was going in: outdoor seating for 20 at the Starbucks, open TODAY!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great. However, would like to see a small decorative railing detail along the roofline of those new structures. To much detail? :unsure:

Since I am not affiliated with the project, they may not be completely finished. You just might see some more detail work going on. It is nice that they have the sidewalk opened again. With the outdoor seating, I would imagine they can just put chairs out and not have to fence it in, since alcohol is not served at Starbucks (last time I checked :) )

Yeah, but Starbucks is somewhat like crack. :blink:

Since I am not affiliated with the project, they may not be completely finished. You just might see some more detail work going on. It is nice that they have the sidewalk opened again. With the outdoor seating, I would imagine they can just put chairs out and not have to fence it in, since alcohol is not served at Starbucks (last time I checked :) )

Has anyone else seen the blue canopy that they have added over the new front entrance. The whole package looks very sharp! :) When they get the sidewalk pavers completed, I'll get a final picture.

You're right, mp. A small, 12 - 18" wrought iron railing along the top of the two sections would have been perfect! Maybe they aren't finished yet.

Has anyone else seen the blue canopy that they have added over the new front entrance. The whole package looks very sharp! :) When they get the sidewalk pavers completed, I'll get a final picture.

You're right, mp. A small, 12 - 18" wrought iron railing along the top of the two sections would have been perfect! Maybe they aren't finished yet.

I must say I think this new facade looks fantastic. Now if we could everyone who builds downtown to pay that kind of attention to the ground floor....we'd be all set! :)

I must say I think this new facade looks fantastic. Now if we could everyone who builds downtown to pay that kind of attention to the ground floor....we'd be all set! :)

I just had a thought. Maybe Amway did it to deflect attention away from their parking ramp monstrosity on Louis and to appease City Planners :whistling:

great looking hotel, that is where I will stay when I visit my relatives in the coming winter. Is the 1913 room still there? The Forbidden Apples were my favorite though that may have been because I was young.

Still there, and still winning awards ;)

http://www.amwaygrand.com/1913_room.html

And they still have Forbidden Apple :)

http://www.amwaygrand.com/pdf/the_1913_room_menu.pdf

great looking hotel, that is where I will stay when I visit my relatives in the coming winter. Is the 1913 room still there? The Forbidden Apples were my favorite though that may have been because I was young.

Yes, it is still there, and if I am not mistaken, they still have the "forbidden apples"

uh, okay?!?!

You Grand Rapaganders (?) sure know how to confuse the simple folk to this day.

I believe we're Grand Rapidians.. .. Michiganders... I just did this with different states on a road trip.. it was very funny to hear what some people though was the correct "name" of people from other states... sorry.. off topic..

Archived