Toilet Dynamics

monsoon

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can't remember, but wasn't Verna looking at some interesting engineering twists to solve the plumbing and garbage issues?

i doubt any of the charlotte projects will have to worry about the pressure changes except the vue and epicentre. it is definitely worth asking about if you are looking to buy there... i can't imagine buying a $2million + penthouse unit and have incomplete flushes.

i read recently that the major toilet manufactures are reinventing their designs to be more efficient (which includes effectiveness). For one scenario, it would use much less water, as it is not needed... but for the second scenario, it would use either more water or some other design improvements to make sure everything is handled completely.... 1.6 gallon ones either waste water or don't get the job done well enough and require 2 flushes.

American Standard has a new design that they're very proud of. you can flush a whole bowl full of golf balls in one flush with the new system.

I just saw that the other night on Modern Marvels on the History Channel. It was the history of plumbing or sewers or something. Is that where you saw that? Is it sad that that stuff fascinates me?

American Standard has a new design that they're very proud of. you can flush a whole bowl full of golf balls in one flush with the new system.
Sweet, now I can get rid of a whole bowlful of golf balls through my toilet! Flushing them one at a time was a real pain in the butt. :silly:

I just saw that the other night on Modern Marvels on the History Channel. It was the history of plumbing or sewers or something. Is that where you saw that? Is it sad that that stuff fascinates me?

heh, i like that show, but i didn't see that one. i originally read about it in wired magazine. they had a whole article about high-tech toilets. then, i later saw several different test flushes on an episode of ask this old house where richard toured the facility.

Archived