relocating from NJ --> westbound? where?

gino

Hi all.

I've been living in NJ for the past 10 years, and am seriously thinking of relocating.

We were thinking of somewhere West but just don;t know where or how to start looking.

I'm in my mid 30s, with a young family. I work in the IT industry which may or may not be a plus.

Any suggetions?

Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entire country is West of New Jersey.;)

ok - you got me there (i could have said south or soemthing).

anyway - what are people's thoughts on cities like salt lake, UT? modesto, CA? colorado springs? i mention these because these is where we have some friends/family.

^ I love Colorado, especially Denver. One thing to watch out for is a fluctuating IT economy (from what I can tell). One year they are booming & then the next high unemployment.

But I've already been sold - the next time my wife & I have the bug bad to move out we'll try to move to Denver AGAIN (again, the economy was bad the last time we looked so we chickened out).

Check out Metro Grand Rapids - midway between Chicago and Detroit. It's rapidly growing, economically diverse, getting more and nore ethnically diverse daily and already sports a metro population of 1.3 million with beaches, a Cedar Point-owned amusement park, skiing in the winter, etc.

Check it!

-Metrogrkid

Archived