CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Edge on North Main

btoy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Update from Hogan:

"Construction Update

Because of numerous delays due mainly to City planning review and architectural and engineering issues, the original estimated May 2006 completion date has been re-evaluated. The first five buildings in the complex have been through the City review process and construction should be starting soon. A revised estimate of completion for the entire project is between October 2006 and March 2007. With a project of this scope that involves as many city and state agencies as this one, unforeseen delays require a large estimation window. As construction progresses, completion date estimates will be updated and the window will be narrowed. "

I assume the engineering delays they mention have something to do with the 30 foot pile of boulders on the corner of N. Main and Croft. I am very excited about the progress, and can't wait to see the first building going up.

Update from Hogan:

"Construction Update

Because of numerous delays due mainly to City planning review and architectural and engineering issues, the original estimated May 2006 completion date has been re-evaluated. The first five buildings in the complex have been through the City review process and construction should be starting soon. A revised estimate of completion for the entire project is between October 2006 and March 2007. With a project of this scope that involves as many city and state agencies as this one, unforeseen delays require a large estimation window. As construction progresses, completion date estimates will be updated and the window will be narrowed. "

I assume the engineering delays they mention have something to do with the 30 foot pile of boulders on the corner of N. Main and Croft. I am very excited about the progress, and can't wait to see the first building going up.

I got the same letter yesterday as well. I can not decide if it is good or bad news.

• 2 weeks later...

I still can't picture were this is I've drove up N.Main several times lately and I guess I'm blind or distracted because I cant seem to recall what this project is located near.Is rotary park the one in the "hole". Please excuse my ignorance of N.Main I dont get to travel it much.

I still can't picture were this is I've drove up N.Main several times lately and I guess I'm blind or distracted because I cant seem to recall what this project is located near.Is rotary park the one in the "hole". Please excuse my ignorance of N.Main I dont get to travel it much.

If you get into the residential part of North Main, then you go down a hill and if you look left there is a flattened area of red dirt that is long and skinny. Past the red dirt is a park. The red dirt is this project isn't it?

If you get into the residential part of North Main, then you go down a hill and if you look left there is a flattened area of red dirt that is long and skinny. Past the red dirt is a park. The red dirt is this project isn't it?

Correct. It is at the corner of N. Main and Croft. One block north of Earle St.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hogan told me today that they have just recently gotten final mechanical drawings, and hope to finish up the foundations in the next few weeks. Framing to start in December and complete by June-August 2007. Please note the auction for this was in April 2005.

Archived