CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Edge on North Main

btoy

• 3 months later...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow....that is slow. Seems like the foundations were in months ago. I know this is multiple buildings, but each building is only like, what, 4 floors? They're in a beautiful setting near the ravine/creek....I wonder if the site has caused issues that slowed them down?

They did run into many issues with engineering the water runoff to meet the city's new standards. That, combined with the rocks, and many, many architectural and engineering delays, have put them behind by almost 2 years. However, framing should have started by now.

They did run into many issues with engineering the water runoff to meet the city's new standards. That, combined with the rocks, and many, many architectural and engineering delays, have put them behind by almost 2 years. However, framing should have started by now.

• 1 month later...

Going on 2 years since the auction, and they are finally making progress. All foundations are in and the road is paved. They are currently framing building 1. It looks like it will be almost entirely framed with trusses, so this part should go fairly quickly. However, I doubt the project will be complete this year.

Going on 2 years since the auction, and they are finally making progress. All foundations are in and the road is paved. They are currently framing building 1. It looks like it will be almost entirely framed with trusses, so this part should go fairly quickly. However, I doubt the project will be complete this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good to see this project getting media press. This has been one of my favorite new infill, condo projects because fo the location.....overlooking the small park off North Main (can't think of the name of the park). Looks like move-ins could start as soon as January.

Article from Greenville News:

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../708290377/1003

Archived