Celebrities in the Atlanta Area

Newnan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outkast has a house in Fayette County, I believe. Or maybe it's Gwinnett. Being Atlanta, you can probably expect quite a lot of rappers to have a home here.

It's rumored that Elton John secretly runs most of our city <_< , too, since he does make his home in the America's here (or at least one of his American homes here).

Outkast has a house in Fayette County, I believe. Or maybe it's Gwinnett. Being Atlanta, you can probably expect quite a lot of rappers to have a home here.

It's rumored that Elton John secretly runs most of our city >_>, too, since he does make his home in the America's here (or at least one of his American homes here).

How does Elton John secretly run most of our city?

Yes Andrea, Paul Newman has a home in Stonegate which is in Roswell. Sean "P Diddy" Combs has a home in Dunwoody on Spalding Dr. As has been said, Elton John has a home in ParkPlace on Peachtree and Jeff Foxworthy has a home in Country Club of the South in Alpharetta. Ironically, Whitney Houston also keeps a home in Country Club of the South. R&B singer Bow Wow has a home in Sugarloaf Country Club. I could go on but yes, there are many celebrities here in the Atlanta area. They tend to like it here because of their ability to be realitively anonymous.

They tend to like it here because of their ability to be realitively anonomous.

Of course, you'd think that they wouldn't be as anonymous as they think they are as Atlanta emerges more and more on the national level & if it keeps on being such a mecca for rap, r&b, etc.

Well that's why I said relatively.

They tend to live in very affluent areas. When in these areas, they tend to live in gated communites which afford them some relative anonymity. There are also many sport athletes who live in these communities with them. Over time it just because an everyday occurance when you see them and the "newness" wears off.

My only advice to them would be that if they wanted to be totally anonymous, they shouldn't drive their Continental GTs or Ferraris to Target.

There are many times when you can see them from places like Target all the way to P F Chang. It took my eldest daughter a while to understand that when you are eatting at the table over from say Whitney Houston, they don't want you to stare and say "mom, mom, there's Whitney Houston!!!" She now understands so when we see them we just pretend like they are average people. I mean from time to time, Elton John will shop at the Publix at Peachtree Battle Shopping Center...people just pretend that he is an everyday person.

Comedian David Cross (no, not everyone knows who he is) grew up in Atlanta, & I know one person that knew him in high school - but I did meet him at my wife's coworker's party a few years ago. Of course the coworker themself was at least a local based Atlanta celebrity, as her husband had been in a number of Athens / Atlanta bands & is now co-owner of a bar in L5P.

My father bought David Pollock's "silver britches" from a collector who used to play on the same high-school football team as Jeff Foxworthy.

Of course, even though he's dead, we cannot forget Lewis Grizzard.

BTW: Teshadoh, I've heard of David Cross.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you guys mentioned the Ramsey clan yet? I think they live out in Decatur or somewhere else in DeKalb County? About a few years ago, the papparazzi snapped some pictures of her leaving Crawford Long Emory Hospital in Midtown due to some of her cancer issues.

Archived