Let's talk bagels

mmcroberts

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL

Actually, it wasn't just the salt bagel. It was the fact that they would use it as the basis for the most delicious (and unhealthy) breakfast sandwich, with sliced cheese, scrambled egg, and the most wonderful peppered bacon. The cuttingness of the salt bagel and the spice of the bacon were incredible...

ah, a true bagle connoisseur, lol

:thumbsup:

LOL

Actually, it wasn't just the salt bagel. It was the fact that they would use it as the basis for the most delicious (and unhealthy) breakfast sandwich, with sliced cheese, scrambled egg, and the most wonderful peppered bacon. The cuttingness of the salt bagel and the spice of the bacon were incredible...

Hmmm, I know Bagel Beanery makes egg sandwhiches for breakfast, but its not quite scrabled, its more like "steamed processed egg product" sorry to make it sound so unappealing, but I havent found a place that serves anything like that im afraid.

I've had one of the Bagel Beanery ones; not too bad... But no salt bagels.

Other good breakfast sandwiches: JR's cafe/coffee shop on Forest Hill Ave near Cascade; they make them as panini's, but are willing to put them on a bagel if you want. Not bad on asiago.

Hmmm, I know Bagel Beanery makes egg sandwhiches for breakfast, but its not quite scrabled, its more like "steamed processed egg product" sorry to make it sound so unappealing, but I havent found a place that serves anything like that im afraid.

The bagel scene here is lacking, to say the least. I like a good chewy bagel like the ones at Detroit Bagel Factory or the original Klein's bagels in Kalamazoo (now owned by the Bagel Beanery). Most of the bagels I've tried here just don't make the cut.

Bagel Beanery is fine, but I could take or leave it.

Big Apple -- frozen dough that's too bread like.

Other bagels I've tried are poofy monsters _ far to big and fluffy.

Any suggestions?

If you ever get out to Allendale the "Beans to Brew" coffee shop has great bagel sandwiches. I'm particular about my bagels (I happen to love Bagel Beanery's Asiago but don't like their coffee) and will travel all the way to allendale with my wife just for a breakfast bagel. I don't think they have a "salt" bagel but they have an "everything" that is delicious with the eggs and bacon.

If you want a real treat head to the Bagel Beanery at 54th and Clyde Park. Ask for a Cinnamon and Sugar Bagel and get it steamed. It comes out hot and soft and covered in Cinnamon and Sugar. Beats any Krispy Cream by a long shot. That bagel with a cup of coffee......must go get one now.

And yea verily, following the goodly advice of my fellow posters, I did venture unto Ye Olde Big Apple Bagels and did find that verily they selleth the fabled Salt Bagel. Many thanks to thee.

However, they were all sold out at 10:30 in the morning. Gotta go back sooner!

On an entirely esoteric note, when we lived in Minnesota I learned to love salt bagels. Since returning to GR I haven't found anyone that sells them. Any leads appreciated.

And yea verily, following the goodly advice of my fellow posters, I did venture unto Ye Olde Big Apple Bagels and did find that verily they selleth the fabled Salt Bagel. Many thanks to thee.

However, they were all sold out at 10:30 in the morning. Gotta go back sooner!

Do you think they may have sold out because of us :whistling:

Archived