Stratford Apartments on Park Rd

Miesian Corners

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Stratford Apts look OK "for apartments". The light colored brick is kind of interesting and it's a real material.

I've never liked the look of the newer condos at the northwest corner of Tyvola and Park Road, myself. The site has always seemed a bit crammed to me.

• 1 month later...

Hope they can make that section of Park Rd more Pedestian friendly as part of this redevelopment. A bike lane on Park connecting Seneca to Selwyn would be great.

Also, Does anyone know what is going in the Woodlawn House apartments on Woodlawn? Looks like those are about to be demolished. Hopefully Melrose Place will follow suit.

Hope they can make that section of Park Rd more Pedestian friendly as part of this redevelopment. A bike lane on Park connecting Seneca to Selwyn would be great.

Also, Does anyone know what is going in the Woodlawn House apartments on Woodlawn? Looks like those are about to be demolished. Hopefully Melrose Place will follow suit.

More news: the colonial park apartments on Park rd (first set of apts. just south of Seneca) are going to be converted to condos starting in the mid 100's.

That leaves the Stratford apts (the ones that started this thread) the only ones left on this small strip.

edit: the only info I could find - http://helenadamsrealty.com/newdev/detail.cfm/id/49

More news: the colonial park apartments on Park rd (first set of apts. just south of Seneca) are going to be converted to condos starting in the mid 100's.

That leaves the Stratford apts (the ones that started this thread) the only ones left on this small strip.

edit: the only info I could find - http://helenadamsrealty.com/newdev/detail.cfm/id/49

• 1 month later...

Some shots of the condos going up on Woodlawn where the old church used to be. They are quite tall for the area. I think there will be more condos and townhomes on this stretch of woodlawn due to the proximity to the rail, park rd shopping ctr, & southpark as well as being able to offer them at a more accessible price compared to the stuff in southend/dilworth.

View on woodlawn:

condos003small-48x6iqvqe.jpg

And from a cul-de-sac back in the Madison Park neighborhood:

condos005small-48x6n7znw.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is an update of Selwyn Commons, just up the road. This is an apartment-to-condo conversion... which I do have some skepticism of. Apartment conversions are definately a "tail end of the real estate boom" phenominon and I think it'll be hard to disguise the dated layouts and small windows that these units will have. Time will tell, though.

2251681542_4f2cbc6ebd.jpg

2251681590_a59560c2ab.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Today the developers constructed a small billboard advertising the "Cielo" condos in the former Parke Place apartments site. There is an artist rendering on it and at first glance it reminded me of the Steel Gardens in NoDa. Demolition has already begun.

Has actual work begun on the new structure? They received building permits about a month ago. I assume this is apartments, can anyone confirm?

Edit...Well, I found the answer to my own question. It will 205 apartments with structured parking, and a courtyard....

Site Plan Link

Not bad, though 30' setback from the sidewalk (44' from the curb) seems a bit excessive and suburban. A victim of outdated area plans and zoning.

• 2 months later...

I was also under the impression that these were going to be condos. The website does have a small color rendering: http://cielocharlotte.com/

but no info whatsoever.

However, I drive by the site daily and work is continuing at a decent pace. It's hard to see what's going on because the site slopes downward from Park Rd. but I believe a concrete slab has been laid.

Archived