Hoffler Tower

krdarden

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the original rendering that was submitted to council back in august :whistling:

renderinghoffler.jpg

As you can see it is a very preliminary rendering and at the time was for an 11 story tower. The 20 story one may very well look similar to this but is likely skinnier. When they release a color rendering I'll be sure to get it to you.

Here is the original rendering that was submitted to council back in august :whistling:

renderinghoffler.jpg

As you can see it is a very preliminary rendering and at the time was for an 11 story tower. The 20 story one may very well look similar to this but is likely skinnier. When they release a color rendering I'll be sure to get it to you.

This is how the building will be situated on the lot.

hofflerschematic.jpg

:whistling:

I like it! How come you never posted it before? I can't wait to see a color version and with it being 20 stories. Thanks vdogg. I normally would have jumped on this but school and had to take my son to the doctor and rushed to work.

I didn't obtain it till today. This was taken from a different file/meeting. Remember this is the old one but the new one will probably look similar. It will definately make a statement in that section of Downtown.

It looks like the recent hotels at the Strip: Courtyard, Holiday Inn, Residence Inn, and Boardwalk. But I guess since it's an apartment building and not a condo, it won't be as stylish.

I think it's a bit too early to pass judgement. I mean it's still black and white for one. I'm gonna wait for the color, 20 story rendering before I make up my mind.

Man i can't wait to see whats next. I feel like a kid in a candy store with the biggest sweet tooth in the world. It might grow a little bit taller!

I know, it's great. :rofl: I'm gonna see what I can dig up on kotarides too but at press time they still had no renderings to release.

I know, it's great. :rofl: I'm gonna see what I can dig up on kotarides too but at press time they still had no renderings to release.

Just imagine from Tidewater Drive to Colley Ave. Man it will be awesome. Then cross over all the way to Vabeach Blvd. :lol:

Come on Hilton. October can't get here fast enough. Plus my B-day is in Oct. Man that would be a great present.

Now we finally know why the announcement has been delayed all these months. They found out when your birthday is and will probably hold off the announcement until that day. We should order a cake

Too bad your birthday wasn't in June or July....we'd already have all the details !!

PS: I'm impatient too!

:rofl: I wonder how many announcements will come out next month! I have a feeling they have some big projects that will be going in DT plaza. I just don't see them tearing it down with something planned for that area. Now come on Oct. be a good month to us. :whistling:

You know what, Norfolk isn't going to be a joke no more. I can't wait to see what is next. Dude I'm soooooo stoked it unreal. Norfolk will be a future power player!

I think you're absolutely right. No more little leagues for the entire area... Hopefully a large business/commercial announcement will come in time and balance out the residential growth. Trader Tower may just be the first in a long line... *crosses fingers*.

• 3 weeks later...

One would think that with the location of this proposed tower that the price would be somewhat more reasonable. Nothing like paying top dollar for a view of the projects!!! :w00t:

I have a feeling this is the excuse that they need to bulldoze the housing projects there. I really don't think that people paying those prices would want to live next to the housing projects either. I wonder how many people are going to get robbed in the parking garage?

those projects will be called "the mistake of our past" Alot of bad racial tension. A new gentrified area for low income housing will probably happen in east Norfolk. Then that area would go under a masterplan of over priced condos and townhouses. It will be what is the area that truly changes all of Norfolk's image.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived