Hoffler Tower

krdarden

The only mentions of church street I see in the transcript are this

"Also under development is a public/private project led by Wayne Perry and George Parker of P & P LLC that will bring a 5 acre flex/office park to Church Street at 18th Street."
and this

"A new project will get underway there this spring – Park Place East at Broadway – a mixed-income development of 21 new and renovated single-family homes.

Along Church Street, the Westchurch development of 31 new homes is complete and sold out.

Now demolition work is occurring across the street to make room for Eastchurch, a development of 22 additional homes."

Neither of which seems like it would have anything to do with this tower. And if the mayor actually mentioned it at the end of his speech, then why isn't it in the transcript? I'm confused. I hope you guys aren't pulling my leg on this. I really would love a tower of this size and description to come here, it just seems odd that there is no mention even in the transcript.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way you both describe this it sounds more like a redesign of the Cosmo.

i just saw that as well. the tall thin one? i think they called it the "hoffler building". i wonder if that is the one that is going to be built on brambleton - b/n the scope and 264. anyone know for sure?

I really do hope this one gets built because it was a very good looking tower although it is quite thin! LOL!

But Ace says it looks like the Hague only taller, and I really wouldn't call the hague thin.

Oh MY FREAKIN' GOD!!!! The tower looks awesome!!! It loks like the Hague tower just twice as tall and with an all glass exterior!!!

Are you guys sure it's not a different take on this tower?

Comp2012011.jpg

The way you both describe this it sounds more like a redesign of the Cosmo.

But Ace says it looks like the Hague only taller, and I really wouldn't call the hague thin.

Are you guys sure it's not a different take on this tower?

Comp2012011.jpg

I hope I get overtime pay for this lol

Anyways, this one's for you vdogg,.. here's the rendering for the Hoffler Tower, the first tower east of St. Paul's Blvd in Downtown Norfolk...

HofflerTower.jpg

Sorry if it's a little grainy, the batteries of my digital camera died so I had to resort to the digital camera in my camcorder.

that looks roughly 35 stories. and what I was expecting the Hilton to look like............weird.

Yeah I kept getting 32 stories at first then I remembered that there are "hidden floors" when renderings look "up" and I started getting the 35 story figure. IF this tower follows the trend of increasing heights as the design evolves then we MIGHT hit 40 stories. Let's hope we can hit that mark!

It really does look like the Hague Tower X 2. Can't they come up with something better? I know it's a grainy picture, but it doesn't suggest much more than a very large building- and an unimaginative one too. Let's hope it gets better as the drawings are developed.

Damn, looks nice. I'm loving it.

It really does look like the Hague Tower X 2. Can't they come up with something better? I know it's a grainy picture, but it doesn't suggest much more than a very large building- and an unimaginative one too. Let's hope it gets better as the drawings are developed.

It's better than nothing.

Yeah it doesn't seem original in terms of design but it looks far better than what the pic is showing. From the rendering seen directly on tv, it shows that the building appears to be glass and steel. In the end though, my grainy pic makes me smile at how great this tower may turn out to be.

Also vdogg, I guess you could rename this thread now since we got a name. "New Tower on Brambleton" makes this project sound like it was announced like a minute ago.

VERY NICE! I'm really happy with this. The picture is a little fuzzy, but I can still see some pretty awesome details at the top and some interesting shapes on the faces. I am not the least bit disappointed with this rendering. One more time: way to go, Norfolk!

I hope I get overtime pay for this lol

Anyways, this one's for you vdogg,.. here's the rendering for the Hoffler Tower, the first tower east of St. Paul's Blvd in Downtown Norfolk...

HofflerTower.jpg

Sorry if it's a little grainy, the batteries of my digital camera died so I had to resort to the digital camera in my camcorder.

We pay standard time and a half, thanks ACE. :lol: Look at the top of the builing, the design looks very much like the top portion of the ship in "Ghent South Towers" Very similar actually but it can't possibly be the same building with the name Hoffler Tower. Just interesting though.

Great looking tower! I hope this is not the same one proposed last year because if it isn't we've got a second tower going up on Brambleton. Anyway, how the hell did this not make ANY news last week? I'm pretty sure the Pilot could dig up a little something for a small article.

Great looking tower! I hope this is not the same one proposed last year because if it isn't we've got a second tower going up on Brambleton. Anyway, how the hell did this not make ANY news last week? I'm pretty sure the Pilot could dig up a little something for a small article.

I am horribly disappointed that no one reported this! I just counted the floors and it is at least 34 stories in height! And in that location? Wow!

Don't worry Willy, it's very different that Ghent south. It's not sitting on top of a Parking garage for one, and the layout seems to fit the layout of the land on

that property. This is gonna be huge!

edit: counting that huge bottom floor as 3 I get 37. :) The soil consistency in this part of town must be different because all of our very large towers are congregating around brambleton.

Yeah it doesn't seem original in terms of design but it looks far better than what the pic is showing. From the rendering seen directly on tv, it shows that the building appears to be glass and steel. In the end though, my grainy pic makes me smile at how great this tower may turn out to be.

Also vdogg, I guess you could rename this thread now since we got a name. "New Tower on Brambleton" makes this project sound like it was announced like a minute ago.

Hey Ace, did they say anything about this tower when they showed the rendering?

Disregard my earlier question of whether they said anything about it. I missed this part of your post. It's official then, and the projects list will have to be updated yet again. :thumbsup:

You guys are fast. I saw the State of the City Address over the weekend, and saw the rendering for this project and it was like February 2nd all over again!!! We need to try get a cleaner rendering... the grainy image (though appreciated) does not do the tower justice from what I saw on the TV screen.

I am horribly disappointed that no one reported this! I just counted the floors and it is at least 34 stories in height! And in that location? Wow!

Don't worry Willy, it's very different that Ghent south. It's not sitting on top of a Parking garage for one, and the layout seems to fit the layout of the land on

that property. This is gonna be huge!

edit: counting that huge bottom floor as 3 I get 37. :) The soil consistency in this part of town must be different because all of our very large towers are congregating around brambleton.

I have been wondering the same thing, why are all of the real tall towers being built on Brambleton? The only answer I can come up with is maybe the land south of Brambleton Ave. is mostly land fill and was once sand and marsh. Maybe the land just south and north of Brambleton is more sturdy and can more easily accomodate taller buildings without having to pile drive so deeply. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Archived