The Arts District / Liberty Street Projects

twincity

575 Liberty, LLC announces the demolition of the Advance Auto building, in preparation for the later groundbreaking of Liberty Place Condominiums. The demolition is scheduled for Monday, June 25, 2007 and soon to follow will be the groundbreaking for Liberty Place Condominiums. Liberty Place is located on the corner of Liberty & Sixth Streets and will be a four-story, 36-unit controlled access building with 1, 2, & 3 bedroom condominiums. Residents will enjoy private balconies, underground parking and the convience of Winston-Salem

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm suprised this hasn't been mentioned more often here but does anyone know what progress is going on over at what used to be Tobacco Square? Renovation has been well underway for quite a while and the project may be completed soon, if not now, but I haven't been in the area to see for myself, either way some new apartments should be coming up on the market pretty soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Coe is buying City Plaza at 516 Trade Street from Carpenter Investors, LLC of Greenville, S.C. Plans are to convert the three story 55,000 square foot building into a mix use of offices, artist loft space and residential apartments. The first floor will consist of office and artist loft space, the second floor will have 12-14 two bedroom and two and one half bath units, the third floor will have between 6-8 three bedroom and three and one bath units. Parking will be underneath with 24 spaces. Closing is anticipated in early November. Construction could start in early 2008 with units available in later in the year. The building will be renamed Coe Plaza.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday afternoon I took some photos of the details that have been added to Traders Row since the last photo update.

Update 11-21-07

2053553217_600e2cad09_b.jpg

2053557615_77a62afc17_b.jpg

2054344196_14a380a1da_b.jpg

Due to a receptionist at the desk, I couldn't put my camera all the way at the window to get a shot of the amazing interior finishes that have been put in. The lobby is designed like a basketball court with a hoop, markings on the wood floors, and a scoreboard/LCD television.

A project that has gone unmentioned here is the Von Leake building renovation to four condominiums. The condos will be from 1,300 to 2,200 square feet, for $344,500 to $583,000. All will have decks. Two smaller units will be finished within four months and all work will be done by next summer. Condos will have flat-screen TVs, customized closets, gas fireplaces, wood floors, 10-foot ceilings and an original freight elevator in two units. The ground floor condo is being sold with a black convertible mini Cooper and a garage entrance at the front. The building name is from a 1937 site plan for the property with the names P.O. Leak and Ed Vaugh. An

Archived