Transportation Projects, Roads, Light Rail, etc

mcheiss

Future Proposed Northwest Arkansas Transportation Projects  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which Project is the best option for the future of Northwest Arkansas?

• 10 Stop Light Rail System
    • Western Bypass
    • I-540 Improvements (6 to 8 lanes)
    • Eastern Parkway
    • Regionwide Bus Service
    • Pedestrian Facilities
    • Bicycle Facilities
    • Ride Share Programs

Ah, I see now.

Ozark Regional does a somewhat decent job; an occasional ad in the newspaper, or some T.V. time, but I think Billboard signs, radio station announcements, and most of all actual bus stops is the key to getting the transit up and running around here.

I think Ozark Regional is also hurt here in Fayetteville because not many people know much about it compared to Razorback Transit.

I can see that.

If the two of them merged, I'm sure more people would know about that transit and it would be used a lot more.

I'm not sure if everyone would like them to merge but I think it would be best overall. I think eventually it might have to happen instead of both of them fighting for a bigger share of each other's federal funds.

I'm not sure if everyone would like them to merge but I think it would be best overall. I think eventually it might have to happen instead of both of them fighting for a bigger share of each other's federal funds.

That's true.

How many cities have 2 successful bus systems operating?

If they merge together, funding can go together, and more people will be able to get to destinations faster.

Edited by mcheiss

Some news on Transportation in Springdale.

City officials say that Wagon Wheeel Road is planned to be widenend to 4 or 5 lanes and would serve as Springdale's northern East-West corridor. The road is also going to be developed into a boulevard.

Also, Gary Combs is planning a 43 acre commercial subdivision along Wagon Wheel Road that is spread among 11 lots. Only a national fast food restaurant has been announced for the development, but Combs is also looking into a truck-stop.

Some news on Transportation in Springdale.

City officials say that Wagon Wheeel Road is planned to be widenend to 4 or 5 lanes and would serve as Springdale's northern East-West corridor. The road is also going to be developed into a boulevard.

Also, Gary Combs is planning a 43 acre commercial subdivision along Wagon Wheel Road that is spread among 11 lots. Only a national fast food restaurant has been announced for the development, but Combs is also looking into a truck-stop.

Although there was a lot of early support for it being a boulevard I hear there's many who live on the road who aren't wanting a boulevard. So there might be a fight on that in the near future.

Although there was a lot of early support for it being a boulevard I hear there's many who live on the road who aren't wanting a boulevard. So there might be a fight on that in the near future.

Yeah, some of the farmers out there aren't liking this boulevard idea. Of course, they could always sell their land to developers and make money :D .

Some more news on Ozark Regional Transit.

It looks like another bus will be added to Bentonville's route sometime this month. Apparently, they decided to put another bus on the route because people were having to wait too long.

Also, Springdale is proposing a third route that would run on high-density housing areas around 412 on the east side of they city.

And, the city of Lowell is now considering adding a fixed route on Ozark Regional Transit.

Some more news on Ozark Regional Transit.

It looks like another bus will be added to Bentonville's route sometime this month. Apparently, they decided to put another bus on the route because people were having to wait too long.

Also, Springdale is proposing a third route that would run on high-density housing areas around 412 on the east side of they city.

And, the city of Lowell is now considering adding a fixed route on Ozark Regional Transit.

Yeah I heard about that. I heard Bentonville's problem was that it would pick up people who called and didn't stay on just a fixed route all the time. So that's why they wanted another route there.

Yeah I heard about that. I heard Bentonville's problem was that it would pick up people who called and didn't stay on just a fixed route all the time. So that's why they wanted another route there.

It's not really another route for bentonville, it's just another bus on the same route.

But yes, the problem is that the bus doesn't always stay on the fixed route, because they still do "call a ride". This extra bus on that route will help with getting customers faster to their destinations.

I wonder where Lowell's route would go?

It's not really another route for bentonville, it's just another bus on the same route.

But yes, the problem is that the bus doesn't always stay on the fixed route, because they still do "call a ride". This extra bus on that route will help with getting customers faster to their destinations.

I wonder where Lowell's route would go?

I don't know about Lowell's, I didn't hear too much about it.

I don't know about Lowell's, I didn't hear too much about it.

I could see it possibly running along Arkansas 264, but where else?

May'be as a connector for people between Springdale and Rogers. It would help create a solid line of transit oriented transportation from Bentonville all the way to Fayetteville.

Guess what I saw while I was uploading pics. A commercial for Ozark Regional Transit. Looked to me it was focused more towards the Washington County area. I think they mentioned Fayetteville and Springdale in particular.

Really?

That's great!!

I haven't seen much up here in Benton County other than an ad or two in the newspaper.

Here's a list of transportation projects made by the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), that are of most importance:

Bella Vista Bypass.

Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport access road. Completion date is 2009.

Widening of U.S. 62 between Avoca and Garfield to 4 or 5 lanes. Total cost is $21 Million. Completion date is 2006.

Perry Road Interchange in Rogers. Completion is scheduled for 2007.

U.S. 412 Bypass

Widening of Arkansas 265 through Fayetteville.

Wideinng U.S. 62 from Farmington to Prarie Grove.

Here's a list of transportation projects made by the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), that are of most importance:

Bella Vista Bypass.

Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport access road. Completion date is 2009.

Widening of U.S. 62 between Avoca and Garfield to 4 or 5 lanes. Total cost is $21 Million. Completion date is 2006.

Perry Road Interchange in Rogers. Completion is scheduled for 2007.

U.S. 412 Bypass

Widening of Arkansas 265 through Fayetteville.

Wideinng U.S. 62 from Farmington to Prarie Grove.

Yeah I think I'd have to agree that all of those are needed quite a bit. I wish widening of I-540 was on there too.

Yeah I think I'd have to agree that all of those are needed quite a bit. I wish widening of I-540 was on there too.

There should be several more added to the list in my opinion.

Walnut Street in Rogers needs double turn lanes into the Scottsdale Center.

40th street expanison in Rogers as well.

Arkansas 102 and 8th street in Bentonville both need to be expanded and have double turn lanes at that interstection.

What else do you think should be on the list?

There should be several more added to the list in my opinion.

Walnut Street in Rogers needs double turn lanes into the Scottsdale Center.

40th street expanison in Rogers as well.

Arkansas 102 and 8th street in Bentonville both need to be expanded and have double turn lanes at that interstection.

What else do you think should be on the list?

Well yeah I have to admit I wish there was a lot more added to the list but I realize not everything can done at once. The biggest one in Fayetteville that I've been wanting done is finally happening. They are widening Gregg St, of course it was supposed to have happened early in the year and it looks like they're just now getting stuff going now. How knows how long it will take them at this rate. Widening Hwy 265 is already on the list. Really the only other thing I really would like to see is one more major east-west road closer to the center of the city. Of course there's a number of things that would be nice, but those are the things that I think that are really needed in Fayetteville. That and widening I-540 and revamping the overpasses to a single point interchange.

Well yeah I have to admit I wish there was a lot more added to the list but I realize not everything can done at once. The biggest one in Fayetteville that I've been wanting done is finally happening. They are widening Gregg St, of course it was supposed to have happened early in the year and it looks like they're just now getting stuff going now. How knows how long it will take them at this rate. Widening Hwy 265 is already on the list. Really the only other thing I really would like to see is one more major east-west road closer to the center of the city. Of course there's a number of things that would be nice, but those are the things that I think that are really needed in Fayetteville. That and widening I-540 and revamping the overpasses to a single point interchange.

There's some interchanges up here that need Single Point Interchange's. I know a Memphis firm recommended that Walnut Street Interchange in Rogers and Arkansas 102 in Bentonville should become Single Point Interchange.

Any Progress on that proposed Interchange in Fayetteville near the NWA Mall?

There's some interchanges up here that need Single Point Interchange's. I know a Memphis firm recommended that Walnut Street Interchange in Rogers and Arkansas 102 in Bentonville should become Single Point Interchange.

Any Progress on that proposed Interchange in Fayetteville near the NWA Mall?

There was talk of adding a 'flyway' so people going north would have access to the section of the bypass that's not I-540. Right now you have to go to Joyce wait at a very busy intersection and make a u-turn. But no nothing's has happened so far. Not sure when this is supposed to happen.

There was talk of adding a 'flyway' so people going north would have access to the section of the bypass that's not I-540. Right now you have to go to Joyce wait at a very busy intersection and make a u-turn. But no nothing's has happened so far. Not sure when this is supposed to happen.

It would be great for development in Fayetteville.

I could see more office parks coming along the interchange.

It would be great for development in Fayetteville.

I could see more office parks coming along the interchange.

That has been one thing I was a bit disappointed with on that last section of the bypass that wasn't made into I-540. They put in offices, but most were simply two story structures. I think there is one four or five story office building there. It used to be the headquarters of Manpower before they either moved their headquarters or were bought out. Something like that, it eventually was bought by Tyson. That's been something Tyson seems to do a lot, buy unused buildings to convert to offices. They bought an old grocery store in both Springdale and Fayetteville and converted them to offices also. Nice to have some of those once unused buildings being used but they seem to have quite a few offices scattered around.

I read an article today that mentioned the effect of street construction in Bentonville.

Walton Boulevard is currently under construction in Bentonville where it is being converted to a 5 lane street. Several business's have decided to stay away from the area, because street construction causes so much congestion and headaches.

I hope this doesn't have the same affect on all of the street construction projects scheduled in the rest of Benton County.

I've heard of some talk of city and regional officials proposing to install "pedestrian friendly traffic signals" in the area.

These traffic signals show a display of how much time a pedestrian has to cross a street before the light changes. These would probably work pretty well in Fayetteville around the university and such.

I know Little Rock has some, but I'm not sure if anybody else does.