Transportation Projects, Roads, Light Rail, etc

mcheiss

Future Proposed Northwest Arkansas Transportation Projects  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which Project is the best option for the future of Northwest Arkansas?

• 10 Stop Light Rail System
    • Western Bypass
    • I-540 Improvements (6 to 8 lanes)
    • Eastern Parkway
    • Regionwide Bus Service
    • Pedestrian Facilities
    • Bicycle Facilities
    • Ride Share Programs

Does anyone know what they're doing to the land opposite of the Pinnacle entrance? It seems as if they're making a road but I don't know if it's going to connect to the overpass. I'm assuming that's what they're going to do...hopefully.

Its called the Pinnacle interchange.

AerialMap2006.jpg

See White Highlighted area. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.pinnaclehills.com/areamap.htm

Its called the Pinnacle interchange.

AerialMap2006.jpg

See White Highlighted area. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.pinnaclehills.com/areamap.htm

Whoa... is that a roundabout drawn in on that map? If so that will be another first for NWA that I know of. it could also be a sign that there are even more big plans in the works for Pinnacle Hills.

Another first is the Perry Road bridge being the widest overpass in NWA.

Edited by masons_dad1

Whoa... is that a roundabout drawn in on that map? If so that will be another first for NWA that I know of. it could also be a sign that there are even more big plans in the works for Pinnacle Hills.

Another first is the Perry Road bridge being the widest overpass in NWA.

I could be wrong but I thought there was one around somewhere in NWA. I know it's not Fayetteville although Fayetteville does actually have one in the works near Washington Regional and the Fulbright Expressway. Not sure when it will be completed though.

Edited by Mith242

Hey thanks a lot PigWig! I've been wondering what they've been doing for the longest time.

EDIT-Wait so on the map that you showed us. 10 is going to be Pinnacle Hills Pkwy. I'm assuming. What are they going to do with Champions Dr.?

Edited by nwa_479

Finally, the extension of Dixieland Rd. is completed. Now it spans all the way from Hudson Rd. to Pleasant Grove Rd.. Woo Hoo!!

Yeah I've been seeing it well as traffic crawls in that area. :lol: I've been working in Rogers lately and all I'm going to say is that I won't complain about traffic in Fayetteville anymore.

On the Fayetteville end of things though, they finally fixed that horrible road that runs by the University if you're wanting to go to the Harmon Parking Facility, and Gregg is coming along pretty well. I was also happy to see some real progress being made on the Van Asche cut-through. Now if they'd just fix College...

On the Fayetteville end of things though, they finally fixed that horrible road that runs by the University if you're wanting to go to the Harmon Parking Facility, and Gregg is coming along pretty well. I was also happy to see some real progress being made on the Van Asche cut-through. Now if they'd just fix College...

I don't think I've heard about any road near the parking deck being worked on. Yeah I noticed a little while back that they have the new higher section of Gregg open now. That's the one I'm waiting on. Not only do I use that road a lot, I'm also waiting for it to finish so that they can get that big section of the Scull Creek Trail open as well.

I'm not sure of the name of the street... California, maybe. All I know is it was torn up to be redone, and then was paved literally overnight. It was right before the University started classes up, so that may have had something to do with it.

Ah, so over there somewhere where the Clinton Home/Museum is. I'm not very familiar with that area.

Yes, that's the street. There's some building owned by the Fayetteville school district over there being completely redone as well. At any rate, it's so nice to be able to drive without your car being jarred back-and-forth and wondering how your alignment will ever survive. Congrats to Fayetteville, or the University, for getting that fixed, even if it was a little overdue.

• 1 month later...

I voted months ago, but I'm assuming you mean it just refreshes the topic as a "new" post under the last poster's name, right? (So we'll come read the poll, right?)

Yeah, sorry if I didn't make that very clear. I noticed that a while back ago and made me wonder as well. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard about the possibility of Amtrak coming to our area? Someone told me that they heard on the news that they might have some possible Tulsa, Fayetteville, St Louis deal. It does not sound all that likely to me but I would love to see it.

Other parts of the state get Amtrak and I've wondered why we don't. Although I get the impression it's all due to Little Rock otherwise some of those other areas like southwest Ark wouldn't have any either.

I've got a question. I've heard this morning that the widening of Crossover in Fayetteville will now be done in sections because of the increasing costs of asphalt. A while back ago I also heard some mention of one project in Springdale using concrete instead of asphalt. Is concrete still more expensive than asphalt? I'm wondering why concrete isn't being considered more in some of our roads. I always got the impression that concrete last much longer than asphalt. Granted it wouldn't work in situations like the Crossover widening because the road is already asphalt now.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like we're a step closer to a western beltway. Looks like close to $700,000 is being set aside to do a study on it. While I do think we could use a western beltway in the future, I think I'd still just rather widen I-540 in the mean time. I'm curious which would cost more, the western beltway or widening I-540.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like this summer more work will be done on Hwy 412. Which will soon make it a 4 lane road from West Siloam Springs, OK to Hunstville. I believe they've also widened some areas of 412 further east, closer to Harrison. Could be years (or decades) but I think they're eventually trying to make most of 412 a four lane road.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what thread I should ask this in...

Why do most people not signal when taking the #67 exit off 540? That's the last northbound Fayetteville exit. I estimate that 1 in 20, maybe 1 in 15 drivers

actually use their blinkers when exiting there.

I'll take it a step further. I think a lot of people never bother to use their blinkers in any location or situation. Perhaps it's worse there than other areas. But it seems to me that in general people just don't use their blinkers much.

I'll take it a step further. I think a lot of people never bother to use their blinkers in any location or situation. Perhaps it's worse there than other areas. But it seems to me that in general people just don't use their blinkers much.

Yes they're not used much of the time, it just seems so common at that particular exit. Oh well.

I couldn't find a topic for ORT, but due to lack of funding ORT has cancelled the Springdale/Lowell/Rogers route as of December 07. Lowell still has a Rural Paratransit, which is a huge step backwards from the regional route that was cancelled.

Add this to all the doom and gloom that's been going on in NWA development news and it seems like this really is the end of the line for NWA. At least compared to the past several years of growth.