Transportation Projects, Roads, Light Rail, etc

mcheiss

Future Proposed Northwest Arkansas Transportation Projects  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which Project is the best option for the future of Northwest Arkansas?

• 10 Stop Light Rail System
    • Western Bypass
    • I-540 Improvements (6 to 8 lanes)
    • Eastern Parkway
    • Regionwide Bus Service
    • Pedestrian Facilities
    • Bicycle Facilities
    • Ride Share Programs

Looks like the Arkansas Dept of Transportation has decided against the first two proposals for the I-49/MLK intersection.  They presented a new option using a SPUI which is a single point urban interchange.  Sounds like it will be a bit more complex than this one with multiple roundabouts further south.  

Here is an animated example of one:  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ozark Regional Transit plans to order 12 new transit buses with a $3.6-million federal grant awarded after last years fire destroyed 20 buses.

Buses will seat between 29 and 37 people with room for 10 standing plus bicycle racks - and will be a combination of 30-ft and 35-ft buses at a cost of $350,000 each.  Earlier this year ORT added 8 new buses to start replacing the destroyed fleet and the 12 new buses, expected to arrive by March 2019, will complete the replacement.

Immediately after the fire last January, several metro transit services around the country were incredibly generous and instrumental in keeping Ozark Regional Transit operational by loaning or donating buses ... including: Razorback Transit of the UofA, Dallas TX Area Rapid Transit, Pittsburgh PA Port Authority, Key West FLTransit, Wichita KS Transit, Springfield MO CU Transit, Athens GA Transit, along with many other organizations who are listed on the ORT website: https://www.ozark.org/about-ort/news/225-rtr

this forum is slowing down, so i made an account to share some (hopefully) helpful information.

on interstate 49, i’ve heard lots of discussion about the new 8th street interchange that is currently under construction, but no pictures or links have been posted!

here’s a photo of the proposed interchange design: 8th-Street-LH-Drawing-9B-Interchange-PDF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alexsharp said:

this forum is slowing down, so i made an account to share some (hopefully) helpful information.

on interstate 49, i’ve heard lots of discussion about the new 8th street interchange that is currently under construction, but no pictures or links have been posted!

here’s a photo of the proposed interchange design: 

I've drove by this interchange a few times while under construction ... the tunneled entrance-exit ramps are an interesting way to keep traffic moving.

This will be one of the better interchange designs for the area. I do think they missed a great traffic flow opportunity by utilizing the same old stop light configuration. The amount of traffic that thing will see will be substantial and will cause backups. Lots of examples of high flow interchange designs they could have used.  Severaleven mentioned on the forum. 

Anyone know when they are going to make North J that runs over the highway into an interchange?

23 hours ago, UrbanArkie said:

North J is still a dirt road at that overpass. I do see that as a connection that could change traffic a lot though.

Best I can remember it is on Bentonville's master road plan to do it. 

On another note, 40/29 has a clip that Bentonville will be getting a single point interchange.

http://www.4029tv.com/article/ardot-releases-new-i-49-interchange-design/22567499

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...