Holland, Michigan

PBJ

A long while ago I posted something about Baker Lofts out here in Holland. Well they're moving right along and have updated their website with some pics. It's starting to look pretty cool. I didn't realize they were doing a whole fitness facility/spa/retail/resturaunt thing either.. Maybe if I stay working out here, i'll look into them.. hmmmm

Linky to Pics

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A long while ago I posted something about Baker Lofts out here in Holland. Well they're moving right along and have updated their website with some pics. It's starting to look pretty cool. I didn't realize they were doing a whole fitness facility/spa/retail/resturaunt thing either.. Maybe if I stay working out here, i'll look into them.. hmmmm

Linky to Pics

Linky :rofl: I used to do some work with the Bosgraaf's (through the CIA, of course). Good Dutch family!

Holland also has some nice condo projects that have gone up recently on the North side of downtown along 7th/6th and Central

Terraces at Towne Center on Central

Exterior%20on%20Christmas%2003xlg.jpg

And Downtown Place on 7th

2444636.jpg

As well as some converted factories along Central. And you can't forget the new Irish Pub downtown, The Curragh:

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

http://www.curraghholland.com/flash-main.html

You can't forget Butch's:

http://www.butchs.net/

Or New Holland Brewpub:

http://www.newhollandbrew.com/pub/tour.html

Holland Rocks! Man, I need a beer!

I recommend the Curragh.. good stuff. But can someone let me know how its pronounced?

I could call you.. but this is more fun..

Currrr.. like current

Ahhhhhhhhhh... like what the doctor makes you say.. :D

Very good resturaunt.. eaten there a few times for lunch, great little pattio too. Plus, it's across from New Holland Brewing Company :whistling:

• 3 months later...

Had lunch the other day at 'Till Midnight at the Baker Lofts. Very good food . . .toured the building w/ a friend who is buying a condo there. VERY nice renovation! Condos are very stylish and "hip" . . .a little of an apartment feel though. The fitness facility is awesome . . . there is even a deli w/ coffee and incredibly good looking pastries . .so, you can pig out and then go work it off. Very nice place all in all.

There's a Flickr group for Holland also. Link to the slideshow below.

Flickr Holland Photo Group

We've been in Holland for three weeks and really like it. The townsfolk are pretty Dutchy, and very personable. The "historic" district has boomed in the last four years. Really nice downtown homes. When it's time to invest in a house, we're definitely looking there. Wouldn't have said that five years ago.

Of course, one of the best features of Holland is Lake Macatawa and it's proximity and access to Lake Michigan:

DSCN2523.jpg

DSCN2524.jpg

SPORTS_RACINGYACHT4ep.jpg

sailing.jpg

lsc8.jpg

summer_place.jpg

Hopefully that gives you a better idea of Holland, Zachariahdaman (and others who haven't been there yet).

BTW: These aren't my pics. :blush:

Nice find Greedo!

Of course, one of the best features of Holland is Lake Macatawa and it's proximity and access to Lake Michigan:

Hopefully that gives you a better idea of Holland, Zachariahdaman (and others who haven't been there yet).

BTW: These aren't my pics. :blush:

Nice find Greedo!

My topic title seems to have changed :ph34r::rofl:

It had departed quite a bit from the Baker Lofts :P

You mean............ :offtopic:

Back to the issue at hand. There are a lot of cool shops/eateries d/t holland (New Holland Brewing Company is AWESOME)... you should try to get out here, it's beautiful in the summer time. And there's a lot of snow in the average winter if you're into that kinda thing

Not along 8th Street. There's never any snow with the heated sidewalks.

But yes, everywhere else, piles of snow.

:rolleyes: None in the Hudsonville Icecream main entrance either b/c of the heated drive... .if you wanna get picky.. :P

Back to the issue at hand. There are a lot of cool shops/eateries d/t holland (New Holland Brewing Company is AWESOME)... you should try to get out here, it's beautiful in the summer time. And there's a lot of snow in the average winter if you're into that kinda thing.

Having a special love for Holland ;) I'll "ditto" the comments about the downtown. The Curragh Irish Pub and New Holland Brewing Company have changed the wole feel of the downtown. I can also recommend some o places you may have missed in your travels.

1. Margaritas, on West 16th Street, is one of West Michigan's hidden treasures. A small, hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant with outstanding food, low prices and "interesting" ambiance.

2. The "Windmill Restaurant" in downtown Holland is an authentic "greasy spoon" where you can get an awesome plate of breakfast food that will stick to your ribs all day long and a good ol' cuppa Joe. Try the hash brown omelet!

3. 8th Street Grille has a famous soup bar with the best "chicken corn chowder" anywhere.

4. Skiles Tavern has been around (8th & Columbia) forever and serves the best pizza in town.

Enjoy!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived