How's the Fall Weather in TN?

sleepy

Heard that a cool front went through TN.

That first one of the year is always mighty sweet. I know in New Orleans, in late September that front would always drop it off from around 95 or so, down to 83, and everyone would walk around energized and smiling real big.

In Minnesota--naturally--I've been wearing sweaters for 2 weeks. The leaves are falling and it's 40 or so in the morning. The heat's been on too. Can't wait for those new inflated heating bills. Ouch!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weather is absolutely gorgeous!! It was 56 this morning and I needed a jacket. The hard summer that we just went through is FINALLY over. I took my sons to the Mid-South Fair today and I didn't even break a sweat! I can hardly wait for the airshow up in Millington this weekend because I wanna be outside so bad.

Yeah, a cold front came through. It was only up to about 70 today in Memphis. It's always nice when you take a breath outside without choking on the humidity. And the Mid-South fair has 2 or 3 more days left to soak in this wonderful weather. Just mentioning the fair makes me hungry. I'm going out and getting a fried turkey leg, foot long pronto pup, and a greasy funnel cake. And I'll wash those down with a caramel apple and a fried twinkie...that's right, a fried twinkie.

Wow. A high of only 70 is pretty chilly for Memphis this early.

I always think it's weird in early October--it seems that the temps all over the nation, whether Minnesota or Memphis or New Orleans, are all about the same, 75/80 or so. There's not too many times during the year when that happens.

It's cool now, in the 40s, but let's not get too used to it. This is the pre-game show with temps rising by Monday to 87 and through the rest of the week. RK, keep the hanger handy for that hooded sweatshirt and keep the tee shirts on stand by. But Fall's coming, my favorite time (until the gas bills start arriving in November).

feels great outside this morning, very fall like, but i guess it was an unwelcome cold front for someone in my office building, b/c they decided it was time to turn the heat on. feels like summer just came inside.

this is the time of yr in middle Tn when it could be 40 or it could very well be 90 and still be pretty typical weather.

feels great outside this morning, very fall like, but i guess it was an unwelcome cold front for someone in my office building, b/c they decided it was time to turn the heat on. feels like summer just came inside.

this is the time of yr in middle Tn when it could be 40 or it could very well be 90 and still be pretty typical weather.

Same thing in NC. September is a wild, wacky month for weather. There was a nice nip in the air this morning and I am looking forward to October. There is nothing like the mountains in late October. Great shots of color and snow capped ridges. Anybody grabbed a pumpkin yet???

2002October80.jpg

No pumpkin here, probably won't get one, but that is some nice mountain there. Which one is it? B)

It is a ridge along the Blue Ridge. I belive this shot is just North of Maggie Valley. Here is a nice one to get you in the mood. A great shot of Grandfather Mountain in October (Highest peak along the Blue Ridge Pkwy)

w-Grandfather_Mountain-10-17-01.jpg

And last, but not least Late November snows:

Gfmwinter.jpg

Same thing in NC. September is a wild, wacky month for weather. There was a nice nip in the air this morning and I am looking forward to October. There is nothing like the mountains in late October. Great shots of color and snow capped ridges. Anybody grabbed a pumpkin yet???

2002October80.jpg

Wow! Fanstastic shots. Tennessee and North Carolina are almost perfect in their seasonal changes. They get real winters and real summers with perfect falls and springs. Plus they are like mirror images of each other in regard to mountains (except NC has the beach

:) ) My wife wants to retire either in East Tennessee or Western North Carolina. We can't make up our minds because it is win win either way.

Its warmed back up now to the high 70s and low 80s, but still not bad. Its supposed to go back into the low 70s this week, which is fine with me! :)

Yep, low 80's here in Minnesota today as well. Like I said earlier, that odd time of year when most of the country has the same temps.

Archived