Bridge Street Town Centre

slowmotionsoundz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was home on leave I saw the groundbreaking near research park, are there any pics of what it is supposed to look like?

[/qu

IMO this will be the kicker to show Huntsville is a serious city. Visitors will think twice about judging Huntsville on our skyline. Forbes surely doesn't base Huntsville on the Amsouth building. Thanks Jman

• 11 months later...

Sorry to ruin the surprise, but I found this site plan for Bridge Street a month ago while looking for info on whether or not a new Apple Store was coming to Huntsville. It includes tenants' names, most of them ones we haven't heard about officially. Many of these tenants have NOT signed leases, many of them are in the discussion phase, so its not all said and done yet.

And there is an Apple Store.

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/bridgestreet_plan.pdf

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like O&S has posted a few new announcements on the Bridge Street website (most of which appear on the site plan previously posted), and they include:

Bain & Co (?)

Banana Republic (wonder how this announcement will affect the fate of the current Parkway Place location)

Lucky Brand Jeans

J Crew (Hallelulia) :D

Urban Outpost / High Country Outfitters

Strasburg Childrens

Fossil

Thanks. And there are a couple more....

Restaurants-

Dolce- an upscale Italian eatery with locations in LA, Atlanta, and Reno

Ketchup- a "contemporary American restaurant", only current location is on Sunset Blvd. in LA

Coldstone Creamery

Red Robin

Stores (all were on the plan)-

DSW

Crabtree & Evelyn

Sunglass Hut

...Still waiting on Sharper Image and Apple Store (my two faves)

Oh yeah, there's also a "bowling lounge concept" called Ten Pin Alley, which recently opened in Atlanta's Atlantic Station development.

• 3 weeks later...

WHNT decides to "investigate" something worthwile- Bridge Street is now expected to open in August. The article mostly flip flops on how Huntsville is either saturated or underserved with retail. And McLain gives us something to chew on.... could it be his Marketsquare development, or another project we haven't heard about (pray it's in Northeast!):

"McLain wouldn't say 'who', but says there is talk of one more big power shopping center coming to Huntsville."

I think for McLain to say we have been discovered is significant. Overall a stupid report maybe because we know more by reading this forum.

Side note Huntsville's TV stations are pathetic. WAMY oops I mean WHNT (they should just do stories about who is pregnant or getting surgery on their payroll) is all about themselves. WAFF used to be good before all this heart of the valley

investigator crap, and WAAY doesn't even register even though they have the most potential.

I think for McLain to say we have been discovered is significant. Overall a stupid report maybe because we know more by reading this forum.

Side note Huntsville's TV stations are pathetic. WAMY oops I mean WHNT (they should just do stories about who is pregnant or getting surgery on their payroll) is all about themselves. WAFF used to be good before all this heart of the valley

investigator crap, and WAAY doesn't even register even though they have the most potential.

Rumor...

right now they are only building the hotel and office space

the restaurants will go up next if the vendors decide to honor their contracts

but the rumor is that the vendors aren't happy that construction has been delayed and are having second thoughts

I can see that, it is taking a long time, one thing for sure is the HSV retail landscape is changing

drastically and for the good. There may be some casualities but the net result will be a big positive

for area residents. The same thing is happening in alot of places, Birmingham or example.

Well... "retail follows the rooftops." That's what they always said in Houston anyway.

I have an email in to many at O&S including the CEO the Huntsville "liason" to complain and see what is going on and if there is any hope for resolution to win back these tenants if they really have pulled out. This project is too important to become a strip center in the middle of Research Park. Many tenants previously posted have been pulled from the website. Will let you know if I get a response. Will go to Mayor Spencer if necessary -- think she has been a tremendous force and advocate for this project and will not want to see it downsized so greatly.

Archived