Bridge Street Town Centre

slowmotionsoundz

Article about PF CHangs

http://www.al.com/entertainment/huntsville....xml&coll=1

Sophisticated dining is well worth the wait

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Special Sections

[email protected]

Food fanatics thought nothing of driving to Cool Springs in Nashville or The Summit in Birmingham for lettuce wraps. They kept asking when Huntsville might grow large enough to catch the eye of P.F. Chang's China Bistro.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems like Dolce being open is a secret. The opening dates for PF Changs and Conners had been pretty well publicized for weeks. It came as a complete shock to me to hear that Dolce was actually opening a day or two BEFORE PF Changs. Granted, it doesn't have the mass apeal of the other two resturants, but I still think they should have been doing more to get to word out. I think Ketchup is due to open soon too...

I just wish there were some stores for men to go to out there.

Parkway place has some survey on their website about what store you would like to see, last time I checked Urban Outfitters was beating out Macy's, Huntsville sorely needs a Macy's anchor and Parkway place is a better place than Madison Square even though Madison^2 has an empty anchor spot. Any news about new anchors in parkway place and filling Madison's anchor?

The thing with that "poll" is that potentially, a large number of those shops could be brought into Parkway Place. The third anchor spot located on the back of the mall would easily able to house a Macy's if they chose to enter the market (and I think they would enter the market with two stores rather than just one).

The lower level main entrance on the parking garage still has a large vacant spot immediately inside the mall ont the right; this, depending on size, could be a location for Urban Outfitters (which I think would do quite well in the Huntsville market and with Parkway Places demographics).

As for some of the smaller type stores (Game Stop, Starbucks, etc.) there are other empty spots that could suit these type stores.

I think CBL is just trying to gage interest to see what type stores they should pursue to fill vacancies.

• 2 months later...

The GAP is coming to Bridge Street and has a sign up on the right hand side of The Walking Store (Apple is going in on the other side). This is good news fo Bridge Street as it gives it another strong non- restaurant tenant which will have big draw for nearby Madison residents - especially teens. Overall, the foot traffic, at night at least, seems to be up which is encouraging and is partly due to the warmer weather.

From a historical perspective, The GAP is returning to the west side of town as they had a presence at Madison Square from its beginning until closing that store a year or two ago.

The GAP is coming to Bridge Street and has a sign up on the right hand side of The Walking Store (Apple is going in on the other side). This is good news fo Bridge Street as it gives it another strong non- restaurant tenant which will have big draw for nearby Madison residents - especially teens. Overall, the foot traffic, at night at least, seems to be up which is encouraging and is partly due to the warmer weather.

From a historical perspective, The GAP is returning to the west side of town as they had a presence at Madison Square from its beginning until closing that store a year or two ago.

Archived