Bridge Street Town Centre

slowmotionsoundz

Well, already have a response from the CEO. Hopefully, there is truly no basis to the rumors and they can be squashed. This is a driving force in our community:

David

You are grossly mistaken and our project has never been in better shape. Its sad false and baseless rumors start like this. See you at the opening.....!

Regards,

Gary M. Safady

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, that scares me. I hope it won't affect the quality of the development. It would really suck if this was a flop; it would prove that this town can't handle high-end retail, and Huntsville wouldn't see something like this again for many years.

And what the Safady guy said in the email didn't explain the sudden removal of the tenants on the website.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like the scare I had a few weeks ago wasn't necessary. More tenants were announced today. Here is the complete list so far (italicized tenants are already in Huntsville):

Retail:

Kate Spade

Lucky Brand

Sigrid Olsen

Banana Republic

J. Crew

Coldwater Creek

DSW

Barnes & Noble

BeBe

Old Navy

Gymboree

Anthropologie

Ann Taylor Loft

Chico

• 3 months later...

Bridge Street Job Fairs

Lots of opportunities, these dates are tenative and may change

Bridge Street Town Centre Job Fairs

There will be literally hundreds of job opportunities in the upcoming months at Bridge Street Town Centre. Mark your calendars for our upcoming job fairs. You will be able to apply for positions at our new retails stores and restaurants!

July 21st

9:00am - 5:00pm*

Von Braun Center

August 25th

9:00am - 5:00pm*

University of Alabama at Huntsville

*tenative

• 4 weeks later...

Urban Outfitters is in today's building permit section of the paper ("For the record") Talbots too...

I am still holding out hope for a higher end department store in a future phase. Nordstrom in Nashville at the Mall at green Hills is all but a sure thing according to many, many recent reports and activity golng on at the mall and surrounding buildings being bought by Davis Street, the mall owner. Speculation is mounting in Birmingham, too, that Bayer Properties is trying to evict lesser quality tenants (the movie theatre and the grocery store were specifically called out) to make way for Nordstrom at the Summit. The growth of those cities, especially Birmingham, really helps us out. If there were not a Summit, there would not be a Bridge Street (of this caliber).

Anyway, hoping for even greater things to come...(Oh, and could we not get a freakin Auntie Anne's? How hard could that possibly be? :))

^If the Zierdt Road/565 mega-development doesn't go through, I wouldn't be surprised to see a department store, maybe just a Macy's, in a future phase. I'd be really surprised if Huntsville got a Nordstrom- not too many cities w/ less than a million get those stores.

So, with the "announcements" yesterday, this is the new list of tenants:

Restaurants

Cantina Laredo

Connors Steak & Seafood

Dolce

Ketchup

O'Brien's Irish Pub

P.F. Chang's China Bistro

Red Robin

Retail Stores

Anthropologie

Ann Taylor Loft

Apple Store

Banana Republic

Barnes & Noble

Bath & Body Works

bebe

Brighton Collectibles

Chico 's

Clarks

Coldwater Creek

Crabtree & Evelyn

DSW

Fossil

Francesca's Collection

Gymboree

J. Jill

J. Crew

Kate Spade

Kay Jewelers

Limited Too

Lucky Brand

Mountain High Outfitters

Old Navy

Reed's Jewelers

Strasburg Children

Sunglass Hut

Swarovski

Talbots

Urban Outfitters

Victoria's Secret

White House{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Black Market

Hopefully, we'll get a complete list in the next month or so; a job fair is scheduled for August 25th on the UAH Campus.

I do know that it WON'T be a Dollar General or any type of dollar store. However, Old Navy and DSW have signed on to the project, and they might have taken that spot reserved for Wild Oats in the leaked merchant plan instead. Too bad- with all the media hype the developers of Bridge Street created surrounding that a while back, I hoped that deal would go through. If not, with all of the growth around here, Wild Oats/Whole Foods will inevitably have to open in another development somewhere else in the Huntsville area.

According to several O&S contacts, if you go on site (the construction site), they will show their revised merchant plan (like the one that was floating around) with a full tenant listing and locations of those tenants. I have not been, but the word from O&S (as recent as this week) is if you come down, they will disclose the unannounced tenant names and locations... Don't ask where you go or what kind of sales pitch you may receive, but maybe one of us can get down there one day for curiosity's sake and find out what else is coming that we don't know about.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking at the PDF that started this thread, it looks like the road goes underground between the theater and Red Robin/The Buckle. Does anybody see where it comes back out? I looked at the aerial photos and it looks like that feature was constructed. Maybe it is just an underground loading dock for the hotel...

Wild Oats may be history after the merger of Whole Foods

Aug 14th

"WASHINGTON - Federal regulators inadvertently released dozens of trade secrets in public court documents Tuesday as it tried to block Whole Foods Market Inc.'s $565 million purchase of Wild Oats Markets Inc.

The Federal Trade Commission documents revealed that Whole Foods plans to close 30 or more Wild Oats stores in competitive markets, a move that the company believes would nearly double revenue for some Whole Foods stores."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20269465/

Archived