Bridge Street Town Centre

slowmotionsoundz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the Bridge Street Job Fair today at UAH; wasn't looking for a job, just curious. Unfortunately, no surprise announcements there, all the participating stores were ones we already knew about- Apple Store, Mountain High Outfitters, Maggie Moos, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Second stage of construction set for a retail strip of 4 larger stores. This would be the large rectangle space in the gravel at the upper left

area of the project. Just below the 3 existing buildings in the park. Old Madison Pike is to the left. Research Park Blvd runs along the bottom.

_MG_1095.jpg

Sellersphoto

Construction is now well underway on the ramp improvements along Research Park Blvd and Old Madison Pike. It also looks like some

widening will be done on I-565 exit ramps to Research Park.

^Of course it will hurt Madison Square. Six of the announced tenants are moving from Madison Square, and two of the anchors of Bridge Street (Barnes and Noble and Old Navy) will be moving from their current locations across the street from the mall. And at the same time, Belk is closing one of their stores there. Hopefully, that will leave some space for Macy's to move into the market.

The announced/known tenants as of today (Sep. 11). This includes some new entries, including S&K and Richard Cable Interiors, a Five Points furniture store.

Restaurants

Biscuits & Blues Cafe

Cantina Laredo

Chocolate Crocodile

Connors Steak & Seafood

Dolce

Ketchup

O'Brien's Irish Pub

P.F. Chang's China Bistro

Red Robin

Retail Stores

Anthropologie

Ann Taylor Loft

Apple Store

Banana Republic

Barnes & Noble

Bath & Body Works

bebe

Brighton Collectibles

Chico 's

Clarks

Coldwater Creek

Crabtree & Evelyn

DSW

Fossil

Francesca's Collection

Gymboree

J. Jill

J. Crew

Kate Spade

Kay Jewelers

Limited Too

Lucky Brand

Mountain High Outfitters

New York & Co.

Old Navy

Reed's Jewelers

Richard Cable Interiors

S&K Menswear

Strasburg Children

Sunglass Hut

Swarovski

Talbots

Urban Outfitters (maybe?)

Victoria's Secret

White House{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Black Market

That list is a little over half of the planned spots so it will be interesting to see who will show up.

It seems this next phase of stores, (the areas west of PF Changs and the other separate store fronts) are geared more toward larger

retailers.

There is also a residential phase (apartments/condos) that is still to be built.

The Birmingham News had an article about Bridge Street today. It said that the Dolce Group will bring their steakhouse concept, Rare 120, to the development, along with the previously announced Ketchup and Dolce.

Other fun facts mentioned in the article:

Over 1100 jobs will be created in the development, including retail, the theater, and the Westin.

60% of the retail/restaurant component will open by the end of the year.

Monaco Pictures will open on November 1, the official opening date. (I didn't know they were that far along w/ building it)

I also liked this:

"Ten street vendors selling various items will be located along the walkways, concerts will be held, and a street performer program is planned so musicians and artists can perform around the development, Forman said."

http://www.al.com/business/birminghamnews/....xml&coll=2

Nov. 1 is the set opening day for some of the shops, but I just don't see it happening.

With all the construction going on it will be hard to have a pleasant experience that they will desire.

There is a tremendous amount of stuff to do. I know they want to capture some holiday

traffic but it might be better to wait a couple of weeks. This isn't the first time deadlines have

changed, it was scheduled to have opened last year. The project is so big and complicated

I think the contractors have under estimated the amount of work involved. It will be spectacular

when completed. Traffic will be horrible and I wonder if ALDOT and the city will have their road improvements

around the site completed by then as well.

It's coming along. I don't see a Nov. 1 opening either.

What are those white things with the three spokes coming out of them in the lake areas? You can see them pretty well in the first picture? At first I thought they were water jets for fountains, but they look to be too close to the gondala docks for that. Maybe underwater lights?

It's coming along. I don't see a Nov. 1 opening either.

What are those white things with the three spokes coming out of them in the lake areas? You can see them pretty well in the first picture? At first I thought they were water jets for fountains, but they look to be too close to the gondala docks for that. Maybe underwater lights?

• 2 weeks later...

According to 48 news the Bridge Street Town Center is scheduled for grand opening this week. It was mentioned during WAFF 48's news cast on Wednesday night. Only parts of it will be opened. The rest will open throughout the rest of the year and into next year. The Monaco Theater is supposed to be the first in he world and will have HI TECH screens and serve cocktails. I can't wait to see the whole thing completed. This is going to be amazing and huge for Huntsville's lack of entertainment and upscale dining.

According to 48 news the Bridge Street Town Center is scheduled for grand opening this week. It was mentioned during WAFF 48's news cast on Wednesday night. Only parts of it will be opened. The rest will open throughout the rest of the year and into next year. The Monaco Theater is supposed to be the first in he world and will have HI TECH screens and serve cocktails. I can't wait to see the whole thing completed. This is going to be amazing and huge for Huntsville's lack of entertainment and upscale dining.

I am surprised they aren't confirming Apple and their opening date; then again, Apple keeps their opening dates secret until only a few days before the grand opening.

Any ideas on the soon-to-be-announced "big-box" stores? I doubt the spaces are the size of a Macy's or dare I say, Nordstrom, but I don't know of any big stores that are looking to expand in our region now.

Archived