Bridge Street Town Centre

slowmotionsoundz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I think the second phase will be more offices and apartments, along with the three big box stores that will be named soon.

Today's the big day that we've been waiting for 5 years for. Anyone braving the crowds and going today? I probably won't go until the majority of stores are open, or at least until Apple Store, Sharper Image, or Barnes and Noble open.

Have any of you been to the opening yet? I went yesterday and this place is just AMAZING! Hard to believe something this breathtaking is located in Huntsville. It was like walking through downtown Disney or Epcot. It has that type of impression on you. The gondolas are really nice. There will be a pizzeria opening across from the carousel and the lake soon which I will love since I love pizza. The Chocolate Crocodile looks interesting too and will serve everything from all types of chocolate candy to coffee and muffins. There's going to be a Starbucks, Bass Pro Shop and other new attractions as part of the 2nd phase. I was told this is only phase 1 and part of a 3-phase project. The hotel is BIG! The Monaco theater is going to be AMAZING and is the first ever to be built featuring HD screens. It will serve cocktails and pizza and shrimp and all other types of foods. It is set to open November 16.

If any of you have yet to get out there to see this FABULOUS attraction, then you are missing out on a wonderful experience!

Bass Pro? I have my doubts, but it is possible and would be an unexpected surprise..

I really don't think there is room for one of their standard size stores, if any of these types we're

to locate in Huntsville I would perfer Cabela's since Bass Pro has saturated the region/state. Gander Mountain

has filled the niche locally as well without massive incentives from the city.

http://www.al.com/business/huntsvilletimes....xml&coll=1

Some comments from the developer of Bridge Street, Gary Safady..

Besides the main Bridge Street development between Governors Drive West and Research Park Boulevard in Cummings Research Park, "we've got a strip at Governors West and Old Madison Pike we'll open probably in the summer. We have more demand than we have spaces."

Some retailers are opening this first weekend, while others will open later this year and into next year. Why open the retail part of the development in phases?

"It's a huge project (with 550,000 square feet in the so-called retail lifestyle center). Many projects of this size open in phases.

"That's not our choice. ?That's tenant-driven. Many tenants jumped in at the end. We've got the best tenants in the industry. Once you get key ones, others will follow."

• 3 weeks later...

On the City of Huntsville's cable channel there is presently a video on the grand opening of Bridge Street in which Gary Saffady, (the President of OS Holdings which owns Bridge Street) says that there are department stores who are interested in locating there and they plan on adding an additional 150,000 square feet of retail as well as additional office space and parking decks. Could Nordstrom or Macy's be the department stores who are expressing interest.

This Friday, General Growth Properties the owners of Riverchase Galleria in Birmingham, will announce a new fasion department store which will "turn heads" - there is strong speculation that Nordstrom will be announced. (See the Birmingham News on line at www.al.com for more info) If that is the case, it will increase the likelihood they will consider the Huntsville market. If not, it is almost a given that Macy's will try to enter this market.

On the City of Huntsville's cable channel there is presently a video on the grand opening of Bridge Street in which Gary Saffady, (the President of OS Holdings which owns Bridge Street) says that there are department stores who are interested in locating there and they plan on adding an additional 150,000 square feet of retail as well as additional office space and parking decks. Could Nordstrom or Macy's be the department stores who are expressing interest.

This Friday, General Growth Properties the owners of Riverchase Galleria in Birmingham, will announce a new fasion department store which will "turn heads" - there is strong speculation that Nordstrom will be announced. (See the Birmingham News on line at www.al.com for more info) If that is the case, it will increase the likelihood they will consider the Huntsville market. If not, it is almost a given that Macy's will try to enter this market.

the area I think he is talking about is due west and will be a more traditional strip center with 3 stores, very similar to the Old Navy, Ulta section. 150,000 sq ft is not really big enough for a large department store, the planned JC Penny's at Harris Hill will likely be over 100,000 sq ft. If Macy's/Nordstroms comes to Huntsville it may be at the Debartolo development. Of course Safady could be changing things as we speak. Bridge Street is tremendous and come spring it will be like another grand opening. The really need to get some more affordable housing going up in there to catch the hot market.

As far as affordable housing, there definitely appears to be a market for high density housing developing around CRP as evidenced by Midtown on the Park. However, the land in Bridge Street is too valuable to be used for a typical low rise apartment complex as they showed in their original drawings for the NW portion of the project. They might be a little venturous and try a high rise luxury apartment building or high rise condo which would not be as pricey as the Residences at the Westin.

• 5 weeks later...

I love the Bridge street town centre, but it is already lacking a big attraction. I'm thinking they need to add a large ferris wheel (bigger than carnival size) and a 5,000 seat outdoor amphitheater for live evening concerts in the spring and summer. This would attract much more shoppers and visitors and that would mean more money spent. Plus more visitors would want to stay at the new Westin hotel there as well.

Anyone else agree?

I think the VIP section of Monaco sucks. I don't understand the point of having a bar downstairs and one upstairs too and you have to pay $12 for a ticket on the upstairs part. I was thinking it was more on the lines of you actually could order food from inside the theatre and eat at some kind of table or something. Whats the point of paying $12 as opposed to a ticket downstairs. The only difference I saw was the seats are a little bigger and it has a fancier cupholder woohooo. So you can bring alchohol in the movie doesnt seem to be VIP to me considering they have a bar downstairs too and you don't even have to buy a movie ticket to eat or drink in that one.

Yes, I agree that Bridge Street needs a major attraction, however, what I think it needs is something in the retail area - specifically like a Macy's. On a warm December night(before Christmas) I was surprised at how few shoppers were there. While I know that many restaurants and a few shops have yet to open, the parking deck is major overkill for the few shoppers and stores which are there - even with the restaturants the lower level won't be used. In fact, the Reeds Jewelers was closed at night because it just wasn't worth it.

The developers need to be aware that there is a sizeable portion of Huntsville residents who rarely venture west of the Parkway - specifically affluent areas like Hampton Cove, Jones Valley, The Ledges, Twickenham, Blosssomwood (and Mc Mullen Cove in west Gurley). In order to get these shoppers to head west there has to be a big draw and specifically stores carrying higher end merchandise they can't find at Parkway Place or along Whitesburg Dr. The present collection of stores doesn't provide that incentive. The original website for Bridge Street promised an "upscale department store" - if they can provide that then the other stores will definitely see more traffic. Also, it would improve the looks of things if they removed the soda machines from the empty store space - it looks junky.

Yes, I agree that Bridge Street needs a major attraction, however, what I think it needs is something in the retail area - specifically like a Macy's. On a warm December night(before Christmas) I was surprised at how few shoppers were there. While I know that many restaurants and a few shops have yet to open, the parking deck is major overkill for the few shoppers and stores which are there - even with the restaturants the lower level won't be used. In fact, the Reeds Jewelers was closed at night because it just wasn't worth it.

The developers need to be aware that there is a sizeable portion of Huntsville residents who rarely venture west of the Parkway - specifically affluent areas like Hampton Cove, Jones Valley, The Ledges, Twickenham, Blosssomwood (and Mc Mullen Cove in west Gurley). In order to get these shoppers to head west there has to be a big draw and specifically stores carrying higher end merchandise they can't find at Parkway Place or along Whitesburg Dr. The present collection of stores doesn't provide that incentive. The original website for Bridge Street promised an "upscale department store" - if they can provide that then the other stores will definitely see more traffic. Also, it would improve the looks of things if they removed the soda machines from the empty store space - it looks junky.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like Dolce being open is a secret. The opening dates for PF Changs and Conners had been pretty well publicized for weeks. It came as a complete shock to me to hear that Dolce was actually opening a day or two BEFORE PF Changs. Granted, it doesn't have the mass apeal of the other two resturants, but I still think they should have been doing more to get to word out. I think Ketchup is due to open soon too...

I just wish there were some stores for men to go to out there.

I agree that the low rise apartment idea doesn't seem to mesh with BridgeStreet. It may just be me, but it kind of seems like BS is almost TOO high end. So being "convienent to BridgeStreet" won't mean much, becuase I doubt that I(or Joe average) will be going there very often. Part of that is the lack of landing a grocery store.

• 2 weeks later...

Red Robin to open on Feb 25th

- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. (Red Robin) will open its fourth Alabama restaurant in Huntsville, located at 365 The Bridge Street NW, next to the Monaco Pictures 14 Screen Cinema off Governors West, on Monday, Feb. 25, at 11 a.m. The 5,548 square foot Huntsville Red Robin(R: 59.03, +0.28, +0.47%) restaurant will seat 204 guests. Red Robin has three additional restaurants in Alabama including an additional location in Huntsville and two locations in Montgomery and Birmingham.

Archived