Future of Biloxi

Seabreeze

Hey everyone,

I just returned home from working with the Red Cross from Gulfport, MS. I drove a box truck and delivered goods to places as far west as Pearlington, to as far East as Ocean Springs. I would first just like to say how amazing everyone is in that area. You are some of the bravest and most resilient people I have ever met.

While I was down there, I heard discussion from the military as well as local police about plans for Biloxi to level any structures still standing south of Division St. Do you believe this to be true? I just thought that was a bit further inland than the most severe damage, and I believe any structure that can be salvaged should be. Is it possible for the city to decide to do this with no ones input, or can I mark this off as rumor?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, I dont live in Biloxi, but I dont think anyone knows what will happen with damaged, but still standing structures. It is the same in any city that was hit hard by Katrina. It will probably be a few more weeks before decisions like this are made.

Archived