Arkansas Picture Of The Day

NCB

I thought this would fit well in the Arkansas forum because there are so many forumers from different areas of the state. The pictures could be from a modern metro like Little Rock, a small town in north Arkansas, or a town in south Arkansas.

So post your favorite picture/pictures of Arkansas!

I'll start it of with a picture that I really like;

springriv23pu.jpg

^This was taken by a friend of mine, he is living in Hardy, Arkansas.

Edited by NCB

This is my favorite picture of Little Rock:

littlerock_006_l.jpg

But since it's in my sig, it doesn't count.

This is a picture I took over a year ago hiking on top of mount magazine:

pic4.jpg

Wow!! I have got to make a trip to Little Rock. I never knew that skyline was that good. Wish we had something like that in Northwest Arkansas. :(

Wow!! I have got to make a trip to Little Rock. I never knew that skyline was that good. Wish we had something like that in Northwest Arkansas. :(

Had you never seen a picture of Little Rock's skyline before? I figured most people in Arkansas had visited Little Rock before, at least as a kid. Arkansas history is a required course by the state, and schools take field trips here to see the capitol and other things. Did you grow up in Arkansas?

Little Rock is a very pretty city. Here's another picture of downtown.

littlerock_016_l.jpg

Had you never seen a picture of Little Rock's skyline before? I figured most people in Arkansas had visited Little Rock before, at least as a kid. Arkansas history is a required course by the state, and schools take field trips here to see the capitol and other things. Did you grow up in Arkansas?

littlerock_016_l.jpg

I've seen pictures of the skyline, I just didn't know that it was that beautiful with the trees and such. I actually did grow up in Arkansas, and did take Arkansas History in the 8th grade. Unfortunately, I've lived in the Northwest portion all of my life and didn't get to go to the capital.

But, I have been to Little Rock, before all of the new developments, and actually got to tour the Presidential Library under construction with a Leadership class. I really should make an effort though to go down there sometime again, just to see the city. I've heard so many good things about it that I'm actually quite envious of the city.

^Great picture johnny!

BTW, does anyone have any street level shots of downtown Little Rock?

When I was there I wasnt able to spend any time in downtown, and I can imagine the downtown area is very nice, just like the rest of the city.

littlerock_016_l.jpg

I grew up in Pine Bluff and we didn't take field trips to Little Rock. So I doubt if people in other areas of the state would go. Especially I wouldn't be surprised that northwest Arkansas would. Maybe it's just me but northwest Arkansas seems to feel seperate in general from the rest of the state. By the way some nice pics Johnny.

Where is Queen Wilhelmina State Park?

I have got to make a visit there. Beautiful scenery.

It's in the Ouachitas. It's west of Mena on Rich Mtn I believe. It's along the scenic Talimena Drive in the Ouachitas between Arkansas and Oklahoma. By the way, Rich Mtn is just a little shorter than Mt Magazine.

It's in the Ouachitas. It's west of Mena on Rich Mtn I believe. It's along the scenic Talimena Drive in the Ouachitas between Arkansas and Oklahoma. By the way, Rich Mtn is just a little shorter than Mt Magazine.

Places like this should be publicized a lot more. I'm sure tourism numbers would increase if more people knew about the tourism opportunities in Arkansas.

Places like this should be publicized a lot more. I'm sure tourism numbers would increase if more people knew about the tourism opportunities in Arkansas.

Yeah it is probably one of those places many people in the state probably haven't heard much about. I guess it's sorta off to itself at the edge of the state.