Arkansas Picture Of The Day

NCB

That picture, I believe, is Christ Church Episcopal.

Since we're on the Church topic today...

First United Methodist, downtown LR

Picture%20054.jpg

Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, Quapaw Quarter

trinity_ext.jpg

St Andrew's Cathedral (Catholic), downtown LR

andrew.JPG

St Edward's Church (Catholic), downtown LR

stedwardschurch.jpg

The prettiest church in Arkansas is Pulaski Heights United Methodist in Hillcrest but I have no idea where to find a pic of it.

What style of church is Pulaski Heights United Methodist since you've proclaimed it the prettiest church in the state? :lol: I hadn't really thought about it but if I had to pick I'd have to pick either Throncrown or the Cooper Memorial Chapel. Of course those aren't exactly your typical churches either. :D

What style of church is Pulaski Heights United Methodist since you've proclaimed it the prettiest church in the state? :lol: I hadn't really thought about it but if I had to pick I'd have to pick either Throncrown or the Cooper Memorial Chapel. Of course those aren't exactly your typical churches either. :D

I wasn't comparing it do Fay Jones' work, I don't really consider those "churches".

It's neo-gothic from the 1920s.

St. Andrews Cathedral reminds me of a church on Rogers Avenue in Ft. Smith.

That's Ft Smith's main Catholic church, also a beautiful building.

I wasn't comparing it do Fay Jones' work, I don't really consider those "churches".

It's neo-gothic from the 1920s.

That's Ft Smith's main Catholic church, also a beautiful building.

Yeah I did say they aren't your typical churches. I'm not sure what I'd consider the nicest 'typical' church I've seen in Arkansas. I do like the Emanuel Lutheran Church in Stuttgart quite a bit. Don't have pics of it or anything.

Arkansas must have the most beautiful Foilage of all states... every picture I've seen has been breath taking.

Thanks nice to see you over here in the Arkansas forum. :D I'm not sure how we compare to other states but I do know we had some nice foliage this year up here in northwest Arkansas.

The northern third of the state has the best foliage, due to the trees being mostly deciduous. The central third has pretty decent foliage...it's about half deciduous, half evergreen. Atleast with the evergreen, we have some green year-round. The southern third of the state has the lease foliage, because its mostly evergreen (Pine) trees down there.

The northern third of the state has the best foliage, due to the trees being mostly deciduous. The central third has pretty decent foliage...it's about half deciduous, half evergreen. Atleast with the evergreen, we have some green year-round. The southern third of the state has the lease foliage, because its mostly evergreen (Pine) trees down there.

DFW is all deciduous and has terrible foliage. I think there's something about the hilly parts that makes the foliage that much better. Western Pulaski and Eastern Perry Cos are breathtaking, as is the drive up I-540 from Alma to Fayetteville.

DFW is all deciduous and has terrible foliage. I think there's something about the hilly parts that makes the foliage that much better. Western Pulaski and Eastern Perry Cos are breathtaking, as is the drive up I-540 from Alma to Fayetteville.

I do think climate has something to do with it too. I think warm days and cool nights help bring out the color. If anyone has seen general weather patterns in Arkansas they would probably see that NWA tends to have some rather cool nights compared to the rest of the state. This probably helps bring out some better colors in this area compared to some other areas in the state.

I do think climate has something to do with it too. I think warm days and cool nights help bring out the color. If anyone has seen general weather patterns in Arkansas they would probably see that NWA tends to have some rather cool nights compared to the rest of the state. This probably helps bring out some better colors in this area compared to some other areas in the state.

Since I've been in Texas a lot of people have said the amount of rainfall has a big impact. If conditions are too dry then the leaves wither up and fall without changing color. I don't know if this is true or not but it explains why Central and NW Arkansas have such pretty foliage as they have relatively wet autumns.