Arkansas Picture Of The Day

NCB

Open fields in SW Arkansas, taken from the Arkansas/Oklahoma border. Nearly all of the open land you see in the picture was owned by my family prior to the Great Depression. In the distance is the AshGrove Cement Plant, a major employer for Foreman,AR.

IMG_0435.jpg

Same shot again, just zoomed in

IMG_0434.jpg

Open fields in SW Arkansas, taken from the Arkansas/Oklahoma border. Nearly all of the open land you see in the picture was owned by my family prior to the Great Depression. In the distance is the AshGrove Cement Plant, a major employer for Foreman,AR.

IMG_0435.jpg

Same shot again, just zoomed in

IMG_0434.jpg

Geez, what kind of zoom does your camera have?

I finally have some non NWA pics to post. Everyone can see where I've been today, Blanchard Springs Caverns. Unfortunately I didn't see anywhere on their website what was open right now. They only have one tour open this early in the year. I also found out I couldn't use a tripod, so a lot of shots didn't come out too well. If I had known all of this I would have went a little later in the year or something.

129098232_beb1ee8b36_o.jpg

Here are some more pictures from around SW Arkansas. All of them were taken while moving, so sorry about the clarity.

Coming up to Foreman,AR on HW. 41. This area is very hilly, and Foreman was actually built on top the hills, and from the city you have some great views overlooking the surrounding area.

IMG_0421.jpg

The Foreman High School football Stadium, home of the Gators! :D

IMG_0427.jpg

My picture's really dont give the area justice as all of them were taken as I was just driving around, but next time I'm up there I'm planning on getting around as much of SW Arkansas as I can and getting plenty of pictures. :thumbsup:

Here's something not urban again but it's a very amazing tree so I thought I'd share it anyway. I've been visiting Lost Valley in the Buffalo National River for about 15 years now. This tree was almost dead and for years it looked like it was still barely struggling. Guess it got hit by lightning. Anyway about 5 years or so ago it really finally started looking better and now except for the fact of how little of the bottom remains it looks rather healthy, plenty of nice green leaves up top. Makes for some really great pics looking up through the trunk.

134360544_159f685bfb_o.jpg

134360541_d428b4fff4_o.jpg

134360543_a6d8635e88_o.jpg

Here's something not urban again but it's a very amazing tree so I thought I'd share it anyway. I've been visiting Lost Valley in the Buffalo National River for about 15 years now. This tree was almost dead and for years it looked like it was still barely struggling. Guess it got hit by lightning. Anyway about 5 years or so ago it really finally started looking better and now except for the fact of how little of the bottom remains it looks rather healthy, plenty of nice green leaves up top. Makes for some really great pics looking up through the trunk.

134360544_159f685bfb_o.jpg

134360541_d428b4fff4_o.jpg

134360543_a6d8635e88_o.jpg

Dude, my first thought when I saw the second picture was, it looks like legs and feet! If you look at the left "foot", it even looks like a long toe curling out with a toenail in the very far left of the photo. Kinda creepy... like what a dragon's toe would typically be drawn like.

Cool pictures, though. Very cool story of survival as well.

• 3 weeks later...

It's going to take me a while to get a lot of my pics uploaded. That and I'm probably going to be pretty busy with work so I might not get started till late afternoon or early evening. Anyway I have a lot of pics to post. Here's one from a different location than the others. Here's the Grant County Courthouse in Sheridan. I happened to be driving by this over the weekend and thought I should take a couple of pics of it. Don't have any info on how old it is though.

img8168ss9zr.jpg

It's going to take me a while to get a lot of my pics uploaded. That and I'm probably going to be pretty busy with work so I might not get started till late afternoon or early evening. Anyway I have a lot of pics to post. Here's one from a different location than the others. Here's the Grant County Courthouse in Sheridan. I happened to be driving by this over the weekend and thought I should take a couple of pics of it. Don't have any info on how old it is though.

img8168ss9zr.jpg

Nice shot, but a very odd building, especially for a courthouse. No windows between the columns on the front, and no decorative piece (vent, scrollwork, etc) in the front gable... just siding. Very odd. I'm not sure where Sheridan is. I'm guessing near Little Rock or Pine Bluff. By the way, hope you had a good trip down that way. I'm on my way up to central Arkansas this coming Thursday morning. I'm so ready.