Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest donaltopablo

Atlanta's King and Queen building

11 posts in this topic

atlanta54.JPG

atlanta55.JPG

Officially known as the Concourse Tower #5 and #6 these buildings are some of the tallest suburban skyscrapers in the country. If not the tallest. I know Houston has a taller building I believe outside the CBD, but I think it's still in the city. So I'm not saying for sure they are the tallest. But certainly one of them.

Concourse #5 reports in at 570f and were completed in 1988.

Very interesting buildings and add to the skyline in Dunwoody, which is more impressive than many 500,000+ metros downtowns.

These are also some of my personal favorites in metro Atlanta.

This is the Williams tower in Houston it is not in the city limits they end about a block for the building it's the tallest building in the world not in a metro area

transco-tower-2a.jpg

Williams_Tower.jpg

Bg2265_a.jpg

This is the Williams tower in Houston it is not in the city limits they end about a block for the building it's the tallest building in the world not in a metro area

You mean in the burbs? LOL. That's cool, I kinda figured that tower might have been outside the city limits. BTW The William's tower is awesome IMHO.

What's the heigh on that thing? The picture makes it look HUGE.

Only in texas

And Atlanta, LMAO!! :lol:

Those Concourse Towers are nice looking. Last time I was down in Atlanta, I stayed at a hotel (Marriott?) that is right next to those. The location was good, as it was just a 10 min ride down Peachtree into Buckhead! Love that ESPN zone!

64 stories in the suburbs...that's insane! In Detroit we'd be lucky to have anything over 15 stories built anywhere...downtown or suburbs. Only a city in the sunbelt would put up a tower that tall outside of downtown.

The Concourse towers look cool too. I especially like the night pics.