High Tech Parking Meters

BostonGuy501

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an article in the Globe today about a new type of digital parking meter being installed in Cambridge. Does anyone here know about them?

They are quite common in other parts of the nation. Portland and Seattle use them almost exclusively. They're great. It's so nice not to need oodles of change for parking meters.

- Garris

Providence, RI

New York has them, and Providence is beginning to roll them out as well.

Goodness, I didn't even know we had them... And they're only located on Dorrance and don't yet take credit cards?? Great... Leave it to Providence to install them with all the hassle and none of the benefits :blink: .

These meters will be great in Boston. It's the perfect type of city for them.

- Garris

Providence, RI

Goodness, I didn't even know we had them... And they're only located on Dorrance and don't yet take credit cards?? Great... Leave it to Providence to install them with all the hassle and none of the benefits :blink: .

Ok, replying to myself, I finally noticed the meters in Providence. They're actually all over, and look pretty sweet. No grafitti yet!! Shows how often I need to park downtown rather than RIPTA'ing or just walking...

- Garris

Providence

Archived