Other cities scope out Greenville

gs3

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, gsupstate! That is yet another fine example of the positive impact Greenville makes on people and cities around the nation. :thumbsup:

A clip I especially like:

"We're now trying to convince people that Greenville does have a plan, it is looking to the future, and we're not just letting things happen," said Stall, who said that most residents have heard about the planning process but may not know details.

"I'm fairly convinced that if I can sit down with someone and explain what the vision is and how it works and what Greenville Forward is, I can convert them," he said.

:D

• 3 weeks later...

A cute article from the Gainesville newspaper about the author's trip to Greenville. Interesting that he noted Greenville was the home to Texize. I remember my grandmother using Texize. Some of that Greenville history I never knew. Anyway, cute article....with a fun title: "Greenville has transformed from mill town to uptown, with pinkie extended". :)

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/stori...ion/77918.shtml

Boy! That is outstanding publicity for Greenville!

I just wish the writer would have taken note that the population of Greenville County is 400,000, and not just that the city is 60,000.

My grandparents actually received this in the mail yesterday from a friend. People are taking note up there apparently. It is great exposure and man did they have some AWESOME pictures accompanying this article! :)

My grandparents actually received this in the mail yesterday from a friend. People are taking note up there apparently. It is great exposure and man did they have some AWESOME pictures accompanying this article! :)

Cool! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Apparently George Clooney was scoping the Westin Poinsett the other week, as well as a hotel in Anderson for the shooting of an upcoming movie. How cool would that be. Hey, maybe they could work in Falls park somewhere :P

It's a period piece on the early days of (American) football, though. Falls Park would be a bit too modern for the most part, no? Maybe Sirrine Stadium though. :thumbsup:

It's a period piece on the early days of (American) football, though. Falls Park would be a bit too modern for the most part, no? Maybe Sirrine Stadium though. :thumbsup:

The movie is Leatherheads, written by Rick Reilly. I believe the scout team was looking at the Poinsett Hotel, the Liberty Building, etc.

And Sasaki giving us more positive publicity (this time in Columbia, Mo):

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2006/Oct/20061026News002.asp

I have also heard rumor that George Clooney has indeed chosen at least one Upstate site for a new film. We recently heard that he was in town in early October to scout possible locations for a new movie titled "Leatherheads." We can certainly hope he enjoyed his time here and wants to come back for more. :shades:

This is fantastic. I hope that downtown Greenville gets maximum exposure from this film! :thumbsup:

We likely will, since it is highly probable that most of the cast and crew will be staying here. That alone is very positive exposure to Hollywood, let alone the shooting of our locations in the film itself. :shades:

Drat! :blush: I hadn't realized the discussion on this had spanned topics. I just posted this same thing OVER HERE in following up with the discussion about this there.

Maybe Spartan or another moderator could combine these posts into a thread of their own specifically about this movie and its filming in the upstate? Just a thought. -_-

Archived