Other cities scope out Greenville

gs3

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

It mentions the Rhinos under the Bi-Lo Center, but it also mentions the Liberty bridge. AFAIK, those two were never around at the same time. New items must get updated occaisionally, but the older facts are not.

Good read nonetheless. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's weird, because the Charlotte page mentions its pro basketball team as the HORNETS!

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if someone else already gave this address, but it is a nice place to get info and check out what's happening in town (AFTER you check UrbanPlanet.org!) :thumbsup:

Okay, some of the descriptions of the city are out of date, but I really like the interactive calendar of events. You can rollover the highlighted dates to see who's playing where and when. Way cool. :shades:

HelloGreenville.com

Take it from someone that lived in Orlando for over a decade....that's not a city. There are far too many parking lots...and they have a terrible problem with cattle roaming up and down Magnolia and Orange Avenues all day long. :lol:

They actually cite Greenville in two different bullet points in that document. There's another one under the heading of "Freight."

It's a nice compliment indeed. :thumbsup: Now we know the real reason for why Glenda Hood was here this past summer...she was spying!!! :rofl:

Take it from someone that lived in Orlando for over a decade....that's not a city. There are far too many parking lots...and they have a terrible problem with cattle roaming up and down Magnolia and Orange Avenues all day long. :lol:

:D Compared to where they were 20 or even 10 years ago though, Orlando has made great strides at becoming more of a dense city. I really have never figured out how their city zoning has allowed the new highrises to spread out so far, and allow those parking lots in between. At least they have had a good amount of highrise activity. Hopefully they'll learn something from Greenville, and in another 20 years have a dense, commercial, walkable downtown.

Cities with a vision and lots of highrise construction sure are tempting. I long for the days when Greenville will step up to the next level on major downtown development. That's not to say I'd like to see every block full of highrises, just that we need more corporate investment downtown to bring more high-class developments and attract the best retail companies staying in the suburbs so far.

Q: Why do cities seek to learn from Greenville?

A: Greenville is a thriving, vibrant, and growing city.

Q: Why is Greenville thriving, vibrant, and growing?

A: Greenville has a vision and plan in place to continue the proper urban development of the city for decades to come.

I found this article from The Beat (fka: Metro Beat) regarding the new Land Use and Development Ordinance (LUDO) the City expected would shape Greenville's clean image throughout the next several decades. It is well written and quite lengthy, so I'm sure you'll find something of interest. Be sure to read the previous related articles as well.

The Skyline: LUDO is dead. Long live LUDO

A recent draft of of the City's new LUDO (Link is DEAD! :cry: )

Archived