Other cities scope out Greenville

gs3

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drat! :blush: I hadn't realized the discussion on this had spanned topics. I just posted this same thing OVER HERE in following up with the discussion about this there.

Maybe Spartan or another moderator could combine these posts into a thread of their own specifically about this movie and its filming in the upstate? Just a thought. -_-

I would suggest starting a new thread with these latest posts combined. We could call it, 'Leatherheads' - The Movie; production news {sodEmoji.|} photos {sodEmoji.|} discussion. Just a thought. Good idea, RT. ;)

If the Leatherheads production becomes a major issue then we can make a thread for it, otherwise lets keep it here. Its not an issue related to urban development.

I don't see that it's necessarily an urban development issue; however, the area was chosen, in part, due to it's urban redevelopment efforts. Additionally, having this film and production crew here will certainly have an economic impact on the area, although that may be difficult to measure.

Even my hometown of Huntington, West (by God) Virginia, is scoping out Greenville:

http://www.heralddispatch.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../610130344/1034

Hey RT, I've thought that maybe West Virginia might be slightly behind the times, but a DISCO party? :rofl:

That connection to Greenville wouldn't have anything to do with you would it? ;)

Hey RT, I've thought that maybe West Virginia might be slightly behind the times, but a DISCO party? :rofl:

That connection to Greenville wouldn't have anything to do with you would it? ;)

Hey...it was a throwback weekend. The 1970's were not particularly kind to Huntington, as may very well be depicted in "We are Marshall" when it debuts in theatres on December 22nd, so by and large the people turned to DISCO (my older sister included). :lol:

Although I must admit that I went to elementary and junior high with one of Huntington's City Council members, I must plead the fifth. :ph34r:

Hey...it was a throwback weekend. The 1970's were not particularly kind to Huntington, as may very well be depicted in "We are Marshall" when it debuts in theatres on December 22nd, so by and large the people turned to DISCO (my older sister included). :lol:

Although I must admit that I went to elementary and junior high with one of Huntington's City Council members, I must plead the fifth. :ph34r:

:whistling:

• 4 weeks later...

Well I know I saw a group of people, most of which were wearing name tags, going down Main St. Thursday or Friday last week. I don't know where they were from. Alot of them were looking up at the buildings and with cameras. They looked like they were very excited to be here. That was a clear sign to me, and everybody else, that they were strangers in town. Do anybody know who they were and why they were here?

Well I know I saw a group of people, most of which were wearing name tags, going down Main St. Thursday or Friday last week. I don't know where they were from. Alot of them were looking up at the buildings and with cameras. They looked like they were very excited to be here. That was a clear sign to me, and everybody else, that they were strangers in town. Do anybody know who they were and why they were here?

I don't know who those people were, but I do know that it is a very common site in downtown Greenville now. I see small and large groups of tourists/visitors every weekend in downtown, and frequently during the week as well. Cameras are always in hand.

A delegation from Kinston, NC visited Greenville recently. Nice article about Greenville from the Kinston paper:

http://www.kinston.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?T...Section=Society

I absolutely LOVE the first sentence of this article:

Mother Nature, civic pride, and visionary leadership joined forces in Greenville, S.C., over the past 25 years to transform a deteriorating downtown into a lively business and tourist mecca.
:D These kind of quotes should be a reminder to us locals how much we really have and what we can achieve from such a position.

These kinds of quotes would make a nice billboard advertising campaign along I-85 between Charlotte and Atlanta with beautiful photos of Downtown Greenville illustrating the quotes as the backdrop for the quotes themselves. :shades:

I love this idea, RT! As part of the overall campaign, I would like to see the City (or CVB) put together a booklet with all of these articles or at least the best quotes from them, along with photos and info about the city. That would be enough to sell anyone on the idea of a trip to this wonderful place. The City needs to work on its business booklets. I have seen a couple of them and, while they are full of great facts, the info is outdated and the overall design quite mediocre.

These kinds of quotes would make a nice billboard advertising campaign along I-85 between Charlotte and Atlanta with beautiful photos of Downtown Greenville illustrating the quotes as the backdrop for the quotes themselves. :shades:

Great idea! These would actually work quite nicely with the "Quality Life" billboards. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Great idea! These would actually work quite nicely with the "Quality Life" billboards. :thumbsup:

Those billboards tick me off. "Quality" is NOT an adjective...it is an attribute. It can be defined as "high quality" or "low quality." But just "quality" by itself is useless.

It would be like saying, "Mmmm, this is some taste food." Or, "Wow, look at how height that basketball player is."

Argh.

Those billboards tick me off. "Quality" is NOT an adjective...it is an attribute. It can be defined as "high quality" or "low quality." But just "quality" by itself is useless.

It would be like saying, "Mmmm, this is some taste food." Or, "Wow, look at how height that basketball player is."

Argh.

I beg to differ. Quality is an adjutive that can be used in front of a noun. If you don't believe me look it up in the dictionary.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived