Puritan Hill Condominiums

GRDadof3

Looks like Cannon & Co. are turning another apartment building in Heritage Hill into condos. The Puritan, built in 1909 at the corner of Wealthy and College, has a sign out front advertising Puritan Hills Condos. You may remember they are also doing the Stoner Hill Condos on Union near Fulton. See the GR Photos thread for pics ;)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Cannon & Co. are turning another apartment building in Heritage Hill into condos. The Puritan, built in 1909 at the corner of Wealthy and College, has a sign out front advertising Puritan Hills Condos. You may remember they are also doing the Stoner Hill Condos on Union near Fulton. See the GR Photos thread for pics ;)

I hope not. This is where I live. This is where I just moved in just a few months ago. As far as I know the owners have said nothing to us about this condo project. I would hate to lose my home for another stupid condo project. :huh::sick:

I wonder what and when they plan to tell the existing tenants? That's a bit odd.

They had a finished model condo open this weekend and one of my staff walked through. According to my staff there are 10 condos, 8-1 bedroom and 2-2 bedroom. The 1 bedroom, not very large, a bit cramped feeling, no off street parking, and are selling for $125,000. Wow. My staff was told that there were only a few available right now because several still had renters in them. Of course they did not tell my staff that they have not informed the residents.

They had a finished model condo open this weekend and one of my staff walked through. According to my staff there are 10 condos, 8-1 bedroom and 2-2 bedroom. The 1 bedroom, not very large, a bit cramped feeling, no off street parking, and are selling for $125,000. Wow. My staff was told that there were only a few available right now because several still had renters in them. Of course they did not tell my staff that they have not informed the residents.

Sigh.... -_-

Well I guess its nice to hear this from somewhere. This is a real dissapointment. We just started to get used to our place and now It's unlikely we will be here next fall. This is a perfectly good apartment building. It is just plain stupid for anyone to pay 125,000.00 for a place here. Most of us here are young couples, students, and a couple of older ladies. I'm sure few if any of us will be able to afford that much money for what are modest apartments at best. For that much, you might as well buy a real house.

Just confirmation:

I was just in one of the apartments last night where a friend of mine rents. She has lived there for over one year and was being encouraged by the owner to buy her unit as a condo. She was also quoted the $125,000 for her one bedroom. You could also see the model unit set up because it shares a balcony.

Sigh.... -_-

Well I guess its nice to hear this from somewhere. This is a real dissapointment. We just started to get used to our place and now It's unlikely we will be here next fall. This is a perfectly good apartment building. It is just plain stupid for anyone to pay 125,000.00 for a place here. Most of us here are young couples, students, and a couple of older ladies. I'm sure few if any of us will be able to afford that much money for what are modest apartments at best. For that much, you might as well buy a real house.

Maybe its just me, but doesn't seem awfully unethical do convert apartments to condos without informing the tenants? GR_Urbanist, I wonder when would you have been informed of this if the sign wasn't there, when your landlord sold your unit?

Maybe its just me, but doesn't seem awfully unethical do convert apartments to condos without informing the tenants? GR_Urbanist, I wonder when would you have been informed of this if the sign wasn't there, when your landlord sold your unit?

It's starting to feel like that! I'm waiting for the day when I wake up and find people in my kictchen making coffee. :blink:

Puritan Hill...

and Stoner Hill...

There's a good joke in there somewhere, but I'm too polite to go any further with it, lol...

:whistling:

Puritan Hill...

and Stoner Hill...

There's a good joke in there somewhere, but I'm too polite to go any further with it, lol...

:whistling:

Sounds like a good ad campaign. Cue background music and low sexy voice:

"Somewhere between Stoner and Puritan................Cannon & Co."

Archived