Celtic Music Festival

MadVlad

Awesome, awesome time. I feel bad for those of you who didn't pop in. A ton of great music, kilts galore, Hammer Throw, Pole Flipping (or whatever they call it), and a ton of Ten-Penny Ale. The Riverfront is magnificent, Hartford did an unbelievable job on it. All I heard all day were comments on how great Hartford is, what a fun time everyone was having, etc. I had friends from Worcester come down for the day, and one of them was saying he is never failed to be impressed in Hartford. We then ate at Koji (the Unaji [Eel platter] was great), had some more drinks, and called it a night, good time had by all....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I was actually surprised how awesome it was...it was parents weekend over here at Trinity so the fam was down and they loved it, especially the band Clann an Drumma (whose website for purchasing music dosent seem to work, dammit).

where on Long Island are you from LItoCT? I lived in Great Neck for a year and I recently purchased a condo in Mineola, which is where I live now. Alltogether, I've been on LI for almost 2 years now. I have to say I do enjoy it here, although the traffic congestion gets to me sometimes. ;)

where on Long Island are you from LItoCT? I lived in Great Neck for a year and I recently purchased a condo in Mineola, which is where I live now. Alltogether, I've been on LI for almost 2 years now. I have to say I do enjoy it here, although the traffic congestion gets to me sometimes. ;)

The GlenGarry Boys were great too. And, despite them being "Boys", they had an amazing female violinist from Montreal with bright red hair. Really gorgeous to look at, angelic voice, and could violin (or fiddle or whatever the hell it was) with anybody.....

Deer Park...love LI and grew up there but its nice to be away for a while, even if it is only as far away as Hartford.

Archived