Forest Oaks Shopping Center

DigitalSky

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Anywhere from 70 on down to the Forest Oaks area you will see projects that are soon to go up or currently in the process. Southeast School road has a bif subdivision going in, Lee Street Extention has a major expansion, Alamance Church Road has a new subdivision about to start putting up houses, and if I am not mistaken, two new projects have been announced. 70 towards Burlington is also growing up quickly with Brightwood Farms, and some new projects announced there too. I wonder where Southeast Schools are going to put all the kids.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

From the picture, that looks like one of his properties. They show up all over the place.

Watching the news last night. Some of his rental units are actually being demolished by the City for failure to bring them up to code. On another note, it seems as Food Lion is going to attempt to open at the F.O. shopping center. Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Drove by this place yesterday, but the Winn Dixie sign is still there and it still looks desolate.. wonder when this Food Lion will happen. Residents still have to drive at least 5 miles for the nearest grocery.

Might be somewhat delayed since that Winn-Dixie building caught on fire earlier this week...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Me thinks that is a leftover sign that has been there a while. Rumor has it that whoever was going in there backed out because of the sale of commercial land down the street that might be developed into a large shopping center if they can get the water situation straightened out. That is what I heard anyway.

• 4 months later...
Well it looks like someone is finally going to do something about the grocery store situation at Forest Oaks. Rumor has it that the city has approved expanding water line to the vacant land at Woody Mill Road across from Southeast High School. Appearantly Lowes Foods is going to develop the property with at least a grocery store. Food Lion is also rumored to be looking for something out that way. Agapions center is supposed to be remodled, but few breaths are being help on that account.

I saw that they had a new Subway in Forest Oaks Shopping Center (stand-alone Subway)...

I think that Lowes Foods and Food Lion could spur more development out there too.. It'll be good for the area's residents who have to drive much too far for groceries.

Archived